Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Stay away from Steam for at least 24 hours

Steam seems to be in serious trouble.

Everyone seems to be panicking, but through the noise, it appears as though their server caching was messed up, meaning when browsing Steam, people were able to see pages/account info that wasn't theirs.

People are recommending for the moment you do nothing because it isn't clear if logging in makes you more susceptible to the problem.

More details will emerge soon I'm sure; right now it might just be an error - though if it is, that's a colossal blunder from Valve.

I've gone to PayPal - not Steam - to just remove Steam's pre-approved payment status. Might not be a bad idea for others in a similar position, but I think all of the advice I've seen so far is to avoid logging in / doing anything on Steam itself.

Comment

Naughty Valve. Too much time playing Half Life 3 and not enough tightening security.

Comment

I can't believe Valve's absolutely terrible, non-committal response to this. It was going on for a lot longer than an hour and people were reporting that purchases were being made and gifted to other accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I've gone to PayPal - not Steam - to just remove Steam's pre-approved payment status. Might not be a bad idea for others in a similar position, but I think all of the advice I've seen so far is to avoid logging in / doing anything on Steam itself.
          Did this and unlinked on PayPal now. Didn't affect me so I'm not too upset but it is a bit ****. I would have expected better.

Comment

Working...
          X