RGB Scart Lead for Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smouty View Post
    Did you post in this thread Speedo? - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51450

It appears there is not a significant difference between GCN and Wii component as long as you use a decent Wii cable.
    Yeah I posted in that thread.

I've always read that there was, and assumed that people making the comparison were using an official Wii component cable. Skimming through that thread, I can't see any comparisons being made. Did I miss something?

Maybe it was this thread? http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51789

I was intentionally exaggerating a little bit with my wording above though... Low quality bait and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      It might well have been. One of the guys involved did say that you would be hard pushed to tell the difference side-by-side especially ingame
      It needs to be considered also that in a side by side test then the display is not optimised for both systems.
      I was mentioned that the GCN has a slightly higher voltage output which would result in a brighter image but once the display was calibrated it is negligible.

Comment

Slightly off topic but does anyone know whether an RGB scart lead will give a better picture on the Wii than a component cable?

Comment

A component cable will give a better image provided the TV you're using is progressive scan compatible (any HDTV should be, only some CRTs have this feature).

Comment

The software has to be compatible too!

But I think most Wii games support progressive scan - more accurately 576p (PAL) or 480p (NTSC). SCART will be limited to 576i/480i tops.

Comment

RGB via CRT looks better than component via HD on Wii. Wii is just SD full stop.

Comment

Indeed but if you don't have a CRT then component is preferable of course.

Comment

Yes absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    The software has to be compatible too!

But I think most Wii games support progressive scan - more accurately 576p (PAL) or 480p (NTSC). SCART will be limited to 576i/480i tops.
                    The only Wii game I know of that doesn't support prog scan is Trauma Centre Second Opinion - are there others?

Comment

Hmmm doesn't it? Can I get a second opinion on that?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        The only Wii game I know of that doesn't support prog scan is Trauma Centre Second Opinion - are there others?
                        Kororinpa is 480i only

Comment

Thanks guys, component it is.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                            Is there any difference in quality between PAL analog RGB and NTSC digital RGB?
                            http://retrorgb.com/gamecubecompare.html Possibly a slight sharpness increase on the NTSC scart lead with DAC.

Comment

Madworld is 480i only as well, not even that, IIRC the pal version only runs at 50hz...

Comment

Working...
                              X