PS2 games launch on PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 games launch on PS4

Figured this could do with its own thread.

So Sony have announced that 8 PS2 Classics will launch on the store tomorrow. They've been updated to 1080p with trophy support as well as all the social functions avaliable for PS4 games.

I know this isn't the sort of backwards compatibility many were hoping for but I'm quite happy with the updated resolution and the trophy support. It would've been nice to have some sort of incentive to owning a disc copy, even just a small discount but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's the initial list:
    Dark Cloud
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Vice City
    San Andreas
    Rogue Galaxy!!!!!!!
    The Mark of Kri
    War of the Monsters
    and Twisted Metal: Black

full details. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...-ps4-tomorrow/

This is superb news to me, i held of replaying my beloved silent hill 2 on that ****ty hd job the ps3/360 had...i hope this comes sooner rather than later.

Rogue Galaxy is a lovely game for a first bunch too.

Comment

No UK prices yet, US prices are $9.99-$14.99

Given I have them on disc on my shelf, I don't think I'll be giving money to Sony for them again.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        No UK prices yet, US prices are $9.99-$14.99

Given I have them on disc on my shelf, I don't think I'll be giving money to Sony for them again.
        About what i expected really, given proper 1080p resolution and trophy support.

Comment

More here too at Eurogamer

Eight PS2 games are being added to PS4 tomorrow to commemorate PlayStation's 20th anniversary.As detailed on the US Pla…

Brilliant stuff, but my first and only question is will the PAL games be in 60hz or does this not matter with HD TVs? Else I'm buying from the Japnese store. Cannot wait for TTT and RRV plus an old Winning Eleven/PES game. Really wanna play Fantavision as did not get this at launch with my Japanese PS2.

Was a long shot but was hoping they would let you insert discs like XBox One-360 but ?10 ain't too bad to re buy some stuff that is in 1080p with trophies.
          Last edited by JU!; 05-12-2015, 10:49.

Comment

Mark of Kri?!

Excellent! Criminally underrated game was that!

Comment

Crossing everything for Gradius V.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Mark of Kri?!

absolutely, but they need to do something about the pricing.
                On xboxone you can play selected last gen games for free if you already own them or purchase a lot of them for half the price Sony are offering these admittedly prettied up versions, which no doubt took some time to work on.
                (fyi I`m a PS4 and Xbone owner)

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Mark of Kri?!

It's had a recent re-release on the WiiU too - boxed even. I was thinking of getting it, as I've heard many people express a similar sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    It's had a recent re-release on the WiiU too - boxed even. I was thinking of getting it, as I've heard many people express a similar sentiment.
                    You must be thinking of a different game, Mark of Kri is a Sony 1st party game

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      You must be thinking of a different game, Mark of Kri is a Sony 1st party game
                      Ah wait, you're right - I'm thinking of Legend of Kay.

They're both cartoony "character" adventure games.

Comment

Am happy that I can now play some of the games I've never got to finish

Comment

Working...
                        X