New TMNT game by PLATINUM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TMNT game by PLATINUM!

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan is on the way to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, apparently.

According to*Gematsu*the project was outed by a Brazilian rating earlier this month, but a recent update from the*Australian Classification Board*revealed the developer as Platinum Games.

It seems like a natural extension to Activision?s partnership with Platinum on Transformers Devastation, and we?re crossing our fingers Platinum takes the same approach this time, and draws on the classic cartoon rather than any of the multiple reboots. Not that I have strong opinions on whether those are horrible, of course. Ahem.

Platinum is also working on Scalebound for Microsoft and Nier: Automata for Square Enix; the former Clover staffers certainly keep busy."

There's no screenshots or anything yet, so here's the amazing Game Boy boxart:

Expect this to be decent

Comment

OMG...

Comment

It'll be great if it's more Transformers Devastation and less Korra.

Comment

The natural follow up to Transformers Devastation would be Transformers Devastation 2. Anything else just won't cut it.

Comment

It needs twice as much content as transformers had. That was way too short and I'm sticking with that opinion. Platinum Games Bayonetta, metal gear and Vanquish were all fantastic games with a good length. Their games made with western influence seem to be piss poor content wise.

Comment

I've yet to play Transformers, but it is nice to hear that Platinum can integrate some of their magic into more budget titles - or that is the impression that Saur's YouTube channel has been giving me.

To top Bayonetta though? Naaah. I didn't like Korra but some people seemed to, that seems like whatever.

Obviously Rising was great too.

Anyway, if they can keep making these nostalgia throwbacks with pretty solid gameplay I think they're doing decent work.

Comment

Has there been a good Turtles game since the Snes?

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                  Has there been a good Turtles game since the Snes?
                  Yeah, some decent ones on the 'Cube, Xbox and Wii.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the Hardcoregaming link, Chimp. Quality read.

Comment

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

If it's anything like Devastation then I imagine it will be classic Turtles.

The Turtles in Time music is playing in my head now...

Comment

Shame that I guess this means no Transformers Dev 2 for the time being, but if its the same kind of game with more content Ill be happy. Will be day 1 for me after how much I enjoyed TD.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the share. I love that website.

... Maybe love is a strong word, but still...
                          Last edited by danholo; 02-12-2015, 09:03.

Comment

No problem, gang!
                            HG101 is a fantastic website.
                            I need to add a couple of their books to my Christmas wish list!

I really need to play TF: Devastation more, but some mix between that and Turtles arcade for this game would make me a little giddy.

Comment

Loved Transformers - an absolutely joyous game, but am much less nostalgic about Turtles. Will still grab it - it's Platinum - but I'd quite like to see them shake the formula up quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X