PSN is down - now this begs a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSN is down - now this begs a question

So the PSN is down in EU and USA - so no shopping or online gaming etc. for a while.

With games like Battlefront Star Wars which is multiplayer online only in reality, no online = no play at all. At least with single player game modes, you can play something. These always online, or online always needed drives people nuts when this happens.

Hopefully back soon, but you never know..

What's the question?

Comment

Is Xbox Live OK?

Comment

Well this may explain why i keep getting the "can't sign into EA account" message on Battlefront. But i can access the PSN store, are you certain?

Comment

Is the question why are Sony charging for online when it's just as **** as PS3's free service?

Comment

Is the question "Are Sony doing maintenance?".
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Probably collapsed under the strain of the Black Friday sales...

Comment

the question was, if online only games are the future, what will be the retro games of the future? Forgot to add that bit!!!!!!

We all love a bit of retro, but lets roll the clock forward 20 years. Fancy a bit XXXX game, you boot it up, nowt happens cos the servers are shut down, your game is now rendered useless. Or your game wont work because the netcode is archaic....

Comment

No offense, but that's not exactly a new thought. I recall having the same discussion over Samba De Amigo when the bonus songs could only be unlocked over the DCs defunct dial-up online service.

Comment

That's why I never buy games which are online only.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                      No offense, but that's not exactly a new thought. I recall having the same discussion over Samba De Amigo when the bonus songs could only be unlocked over the DCs defunct dial-up online service.
                      None taken, I know it's an old discussion, the outage just got me thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                        That's why I never buy games which are online only.
                        Same here.

Comment

Working...
                        X