No announcement yet.

Dreamcast celebration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't a scanline generator on the VGA output be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      It upscales to 640x480, so you still get the original resolution[240p] of the game plus the extra lines are scanlines. So I don't think you're losing any of the game resolution.

With a CRT running 240p, you're getting 240p worth of image plus the rest is scanlines. So it's the same as using an SLG3000 outputting 640x480 on an LCD. Well... It's roughly the same sort of look.
      I think speedlolita's point was that most DC games can output full 480p resolution with a VGA cable so you're better off doing that than upscaling a 240p output.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        I think speedlolita's point was that most DC games can output full 480p resolution with a VGA cable so you're better off doing that than upscaling a 240p output.
        The SLG3000 adds scanlines to a 640x480 image. I think it's ideal for games that were designed in 240p, as you get all those lines plus the scanlines, so you don't lose any lines from the original game image.

With the Dreamcast, I find that 480p through VGA looks nice enough to be used without scanlines. I have an SLG3000 and a Framemeister - and I use them mostly with 240P games.

Comment

Working...
        X