Bioshock 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bioshock 4

It has been three years since the release of “Bioshock Infinite” which scored much critical acclaim, but when series creator Irrational Studios shut their doors – it looked like it was all over. The game’s publisher Take-Two Interactive however has previously stated that more “Bioshock” games would be on the way and this week CEO […]

Calm down! Nothing to see here!

The boss of Take Two has confirmed what was speculated long ago. The Bioshock series is going to continue post-Irrational and the developers of Bioshock 2, 2K Marin, are now in charge of the franchise and currently at work on the fourth entry.

He also confirms that Ken Levine is still busy working away at Take Two with a small team of devs on a secret project.

Bioshoc4.

Bioshock: Rap4ure.

One of those.

Comment

Bioshock 2 was great. The series is in good hands!

Comment

I've played Bioshock 1 & 2, but avoided Infinite.

I was really unimpressed with DLC being announced before the game was even out, making me suspicious that they'd gouged out chunks of the game to sell back later. There was also a bunch of pre-order content and season pass malarky going on.

I think I've lost interest in the series because of that.
        Depends on if they say "Would you kindly buy this game?"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I've played Bioshock 1 & 2, but avoided Infinite.

I was really unimpressed with DLC being announced before the game was even out, making me suspicious that they'd gouged out chunks of the game to sell back later. There was also a bunch of pre-order content and season pass malarky going on.

I think I've lost interest in the series because of that.
          Depends on if they say "Would you kindly buy this game?"
          I avoided Infinite for the same reason, QC. Picked it up eventually with all DLC. Arguably the best game of the generation imo. Just incredible.

Does make you wonder though given us both avoiding it at first if people like us buying would have saved irrational.

Comment

The DLC is well worth getting on Infinite also. Chapter 1 is pretty straightforward but leads into Chapter 2 which caps it very well

Comment

Just re-read my rant in the Bioshock Infinite thread about the DLC. I really wasn't happy about being them announcing extra content before the game was even out!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Are there any other hobbies where this kind of thing is accepted behaviour?

I went to the cinema in London once and they wanted more money to sit in the middle, but they didn't leave parts out if you chose not to.

It feels like ordering a mixed grill and only getting Gammon steak and rump steak.

The chef has already cooked lamb chops, pork steak and Lincolnshire pork sausages, but wants to charge you extra for those. Each meat add-on is extra.

You can enhance the meal experience with the chips and peas pack, the tomato and mushroom pack or the egg and six onion rings pack. All available separately.

Or you could could buy the "seasoning pass" that grants you a discount on all the above options at a reduced price with a bonus of salt and pepper.

All of these things should have been on the plate in the first place.

If I want the pudding pack or coffee add-on, I'm happy to pay for them, but they enhance the meal experience, they were never intended to be included in the main event. They're add-ons, not things taken away to be charged for later!
              Maybe I'll get the complete edition one day when it's cheaper, but I still lament the erosion of our hobby to a DLC-focussed, Season Pass, day-one-patch, pre-order bonus mess.

Comment

I played Infinite when it was free on PSN. It was decent, if I remember correctly. Never played the DLC though.

Comment

It was all the snacking in Infinite that did me in. The man couldn't move three yards without rifling through bins and drawers looking for crisps and chocolate. The soundtrack to that game is munching.

Comment

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

^ Hehe! That's exactly how it played!

Comment

A website has appeared

Comment

Bioshock on a new console would look amazing. The lighting could look incredible.

Comment

Shawn Elliott is working on this. He's an ex journo from the legendary GFW "The Brodeo" podcast on 1Up. He worked on Infinite and Prey and is now the principal combat designer on this new Bioshock. He always had amazing insights into game design on the podcast and I always thought he'd make a good designer. Looking forward to seeing his input on this.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                              Shawn Elliott is working on this. He's an ex journo from the legendary GFW "The Brodeo" podcast on 1Up. He worked on Infinite and Prey and is now the principal combat designer on this new Bioshock. He always had amazing insights into game design on the podcast and I always thought he'd make a good designer. Looking forward to seeing his input on this.
                              Sounds great, I only played the original Bioshock this year and sure it's basic in design but the world and characters are wonderful. I really enjoyed Infinite for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X