Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing UK games on Jap Gamecube

Hi all

Could somebody tell me how to enable the running of UK Gamecube discs on a Jap machine?

Thanks

just need a freeloader - work on my Panasonic q for playing uk games :-)

Comment

Or a XenoGC.

Comment

There are a few versions of Freeloader. Hold on. I'll publish something useful. Be right back.

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Note the bits about playing PAL games on NTSC devices.

Comment

It is probably the same price today to buy a bare PAL Gamecube as it is a Freeloader.

Comment

I suspect you could even pick up a Wii for around the same price.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions folks

Comment

Blait get a Wii off gumtree for ?10 -15 and banner bomb it.

Comment

I managed to pick up a copy of Freeloader ver. 1.06B and out of the UK games I've tried, Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader and Twilight Princess work but Metroid Prime 1&2 and Mario Kart don't.

Any suggestions as to whether I need the vice versa version of Freeloader, or is it possibly a 50/60hz issue?

Comment

I might get bombed for this but can we please do away with 'JAP'. The correct designation is JP anyway. Regardless of us growing up with it being used freely in games mags like Mean Machines et al it remains a pretty vitriolic slur.

Also am very sad I sold my Freeloader. I had no idea they go for a good amount now.

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post
                        I might get bombed for this but can we please do away with 'JAP'. The correct designation is JP anyway. Regardless of us growing up with it being used freely in games mags like Mean Machines et al it remains a pretty vitriolic slur.
                        It's hardly being used as a derogatory slur though. It's simple shorthand for lazy people.

Comment

I've always disagreed with "Jap". It isn't an abbreviation or shorthand. It should be "JP" or "JPN".
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by will_d View Post
                            Hi all

Could somebody tell me how to enable the running of UK Gamecube discs on a Jap machine?

Thanks
                            Apologies if I'm missing the point but, language issues aside, why would you want to do this?

Comment

Because you only have a Japanese machine and want to play a PAL game on it, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X