Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiters and recruitment firms - for someone struggling with being made redundant (along with 4000 others on the same day, so at least I know it was nothing personal) for the second time in 18 months, they really are nasty, devious types. Literally only interested if you tick a million boxes for them, otherwise it's general BS from one day to the next. I've applied for about 50 jobs in six weeks, all of which I'm qualified (and not over-qualified) to do - I've had three responses. I was due to go for an interview last Friday - it got moved from 12pm to 3pm and was then cancelled at 2.20 (i.e. whilst I was on my way there) and I was finally told yesterday that they had intended to interview me as a comparison to a candidate they’d already interviewed twice but weren’t sure about, but had then decided to give them the job anyway.

I live in Brighton - have been told by some firms that they don't consider applicants from outside of London, especially the south coast, due to Southern Rail problems.

Sorry...not sure this constitutes a 'little irk..'

Comment

Destiny's LFG gaming sites so many time wasters on them, sigh the downside when a dev doesn't include selective match making.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
        Recruiters and recruitment firms - for someone struggling with being made redundant for the second time in 18 months, they really are nasty, devious types.

Sorry to hear that, Tony.
        Maybe you could be a recruitment consultant!

We try to keep this thread light with first-world problems, but that's definitely a BIG irk.

I hope you find something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
          Destiny's LFG gaming sites so many time wasters on them, sigh the downside when a dev doesn't include selective match making.

Xboxone apparently has built in lfg into the console itself, itle also drag people into you gaming session just like matchmaking, pretty neat.

D2 has the guided games feature, but its awful, and still in beta which is a joke.

Comment

Recruiters and recruitment firms
            Really sorry about that Tony, like QC says, hope you pick something up soon.

People/companies who treat someone like yourself like that are nothing short of scumbags.

Best of luck.

Comment

Why do people keep calling me "lad"?

"Aye lad", "Dave lad", etc. Is this just a northern thing? I'm 37 next month, and a father. I'm not a 'lad' anymore, and haven't been since around the age of eight.

It's things like this that make me glad I left.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

"Aye lad", "Dave lad", etc. Is this just a northern thing? I'm 37 next month, and a father. I'm not a 'lad' anymore, and haven't been since around the age of eight.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, son.

Comment

Recruiters and recruitment firms - for someone struggling with being made redundant (along with 4000 others on the same day, so at least I know it was nothing personal) for the second time in 18 months, they really are nasty, devious types. Literally only interested if you tick a million boxes for them, otherwise it's general BS from one day to the next. I've applied for about 50 jobs in six weeks, all of which I'm qualified (and not over-qualified) to do - I've had three responses. I was due to go for an interview last Friday - it got moved from 12pm to 3pm and was then cancelled at 2.20 (i.e. whilst I was on my way there) and I was finally told yesterday that they had intended to interview me as a comparison to a candidate they’d already interviewed twice but weren’t sure about, but had then decided to give them the job anyway.

I live in Brighton - have been told by some firms that they don't consider applicants from outside of London, especially the south coast, due to Southern Rail problems.

I hope things improve for you significantly Tony. You're good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                    I wouldn't worry about it too much, son.
                    Nice one, moonbeam.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                      Nice one, moonbeam.
                      Don't get involved, hinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Don't get involved, hinny.
                        See you, Jimmy

Comment

I'm not a 'lad' anymore, and haven't been since around the age of eight
                          That's when you shagged some bird and became a man

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                            Humanity redeemed.
                            Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Delete Facebook. Problem solved.
                            I can't. It's my own. Personal. Brookside.

My little dramatic soap opera. The stuff I spout is gibberish when I post, I'm not me on there, it's more a staying in touch thing, I don't publicise myself I just sit rubbing my hands with glee in the amphitheatre, baying for the carnage.

Been a quality week this week, a guy at work has had an absolute meltdown, it's been splendid, splendid.

Calling out harder guys at work for no reason, snarling, ripping, making an absolute clown of himself, it's been bloody hilarious.

It's a buzz when it happens.

Comment

Could be worse boyo.....

Comment

That there's no completely free tool that can edit PDFs. I used to use the FoxIt software but they've now started to charge for anything useful in that package.

It's annoying when you just need to change ONE WORD in a massive document but you just CAN'T.

Comment

Working...
                                X