This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    People who clearly don't understand the purpose of there being separate "up" and "down" buttons when calling a lift.
    That's what I face in my job every day. Diqueads on the ground floor pressing down on the lift panel and getting in the lift to go down to floor A, the basement. When they're on the ground floor, the floor they want.

I really don't understand why people are so thacking thick.

Comment

The failure of companies to launch Classic lines in light of the Sugar Tax

If I, as an adult, am trusted to buy alcohol or cigarettes if I please but sugared products?
      I can stomach paying a little extra for them, it's the ones where they're just going to wholesale change the product to dodge the tax. Irn-Bru's done, don't care what anyone says... you can taste the difference.

Pepsi already has the right idea in the US

Just had some Starbursts too, first time since they switched away from artificial flavourings... pretty rank. Classic lines, I tells ya!

Comment

Yep, with you on that. It has really quickly become normal to have both sugar and artificial sweeteners and, yes, taste is definitely affected but I'm also not convinced the sweeteners will be massively better for us than the sugars.

Comment

Pepsi-Cola Made with real Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginylisoleuci ne
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-01-2018, 13:10.

Comment

I already skip every other form of Coke than original, they all taste rank to me and it's always down to the methods used to replace sugar. There's no reason for Coke to have Diet, DeCaf, Diet Decaf, Zero and Life. If any of them nailed their intended purpose of being a healthier Coke with the same taste they'd render the rest of the line up obsolete. Instead they're just companies trying to hit government led health initiatives whilst maintaining each consumer base they've built per line up.

It's not going to work, as usual it's attacking the issue from the wrong angle and in the end it only results in the consumer getting repeatedly ripped off.

Comment

Real sugar might be fattening but at least it doesn’t build and not get absorbed in the body (basically becoming carcinogenic over time) like saccharine & aspartame do.

Load of bollocks this absurd sugar tax.

Comment

You can blame Jamie Oliver, in part, for all this stupidity. How about a lisp tax?

Like it's going to make people less fat. Fat/unhealthy people will just pay more, making other higher up people richer and fatter. If you want less fatties you have to enforce compulsory manual labour for anyone who can't squat ten reps of 1.5x their own body weight, with capitol punishment dished out to the slackers.

Comment

A fair few years back, Jamie Oliver opened a 'ministry of food' in Leeds Market.

It's always bloody empty, you very rarely see anyone there at all, it's just pointless, nobody is interested in his little crusade.

I just want Dr Pepper tasting like it used to again.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    You can blame Jamie Oliver, in part, for all this stupidity. How about a lisp tax?

Like it's going to make people less fat. Fat/unhealthy people will just pay more, making other higher up people richer and fatter. If you want less fatties you have to enforce compulsory manual labour for anyone who can't squat ten reps of 1.5x their own body weight, with capitol punishment dished out to the slackers.
                    SIngapore was as tough as I've heard then.

Comment

Years from now everyone will still be just as fat, its a cheap method of taxation and that's all. If they were serious about it they'd put a lot more effort into educating the young on healthy eating and ensuring healthy foods were the cheap option for families

Comment

Speaking of Jamie’s restaurants........They are looking into a CVA as most of the restaurants aren’t making any money. Apparently the restaurants in Gatwick have been keeping the others from going under, but it’s now unsustainable going forward.

Comment

We tried one of his Italian places in Singapore. It was pants. My wife makes better pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            We tried one of his Italian places in Singapore. It was pants. My wife makes better pasta.
                            My latest food irk. Jumped up c**t holes that think pasta should be fresh. No. It’s not. It’s supposed to be month/years old and then rehydrated you dumb ass, that’s the whole point of it.

If it’s good enough for the Roman Empire to March on and conquer half the known world then it’s good enough for whatever generic restaurant your eating in.

Comment

Raw milk and raw water consumers in the developed world. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                                Raw milk and raw water consumers in the developed world. Idiots.
                                And don’t forget to NOT vaccinate your kids. After all if a left wing group of muppets on Facebook say it’s damaging your kids then it must be true right? Because Facebook! And alt facts.

Otherwise known as lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X