This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
    In my current job they made me do a technical test on the spot - 20 mins to fix a broken PC they even threw in some psychological tests I didn't know about while doing the technical test (like opening a door for someone). Apparently I was the only person (out of 50 candidates) who opened the door for a woman trying to carry out a heavy workstation

My boss told me that was a test later. I told him I've been here for some time now, but no one has opened a single door for me!

The worst part is, they stopped doing those tests after hiring me we ended up with people less qualified than me on twice my salary - bullshiz.
    Which you should be calling them out for big time, that’s outrageous.

Comment

My biggest irk today is finding out I’ll probably have to continue working in Bristol for another 12 months. It’s reasonably counterbalanced by having been in the pub since two and drinking for free on full pay. But you know, still ****ing annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        My biggest irk today is finding out I’ll probably have to continue working in Bristol for another 12 months. It’s reasonably counterbalanced by having been in the pub since two and drinking for free on full pay. But you know, still ****ing annoyed.
        I burnt myself with boiling oil at nearly 200c last Friday if it’s any conciliation.

Still, at least I found out what melting human flesh smells like.

Comment

As much as it should be, it isn’t.

Comment

Bristols?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Bristols?
              Bonus for that, but they don’t even do a do a decent kebab Van. Pile of red cabbage? Eh, no.

Comment

I like Bristol cars

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  Bristols?
                  "plural noun - British slang - a woman's breasts"

Saucy Pebble!

Comment

Sent a €30 donation to a Malaysian charity that's trying to rack up the funds to save a dying three month old baby only to get slapped with a €27 transfer fee from the bank. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Sent a €30 donation to a Malaysian charity that's trying to rack up the funds to save a dying three month old baby only to get slapped with a €27 transfer fee from the bank. Cheers.
                      Couldn’t send it via PayPal? Banks are absolute robbing barstuwards for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Couldn’t send it via PayPal? Banks are absolute robbing barstuwards for stuff like this.
                        Probably, but they don't have an account. I'm going to tell them to get one or else I can't see the point in donating again next time.

Comment

Parents who smirk and say "must be nice having time to waste" as an input when I discuss what I did on my weekend which usually involves me and the bloke curling up together to play video games or watch a movie at some point.

I've had many colleagues say this comment to me recently about practically any interest that I mention in polite conversation. It almost feels like a shut down of my allowance of input in the conversation and try and make me feel guilty that I chose not to have kids.

I understand you guys live your life for your kids and that's great, I respect that. But I'm still allowed to enjoy myself and comment about it without someone making some comment about what I do outside of work not being "worth" anything.

Seriously its starting to nark me, I like these people but this strange attitude a few of them have, especially as many think I'm immature liking gaming more than prosecco nights (even the ones younger than me), is getting a bit tiring and I find myself not wanting to talk to them.

Not all who are parents are like this, just had a handful of workmates and visitors make unhelpful and in a way quite rude comments how I live my life. It rubs me the wrong way (they are the same who say I'll change my mind about kids in the end.)

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                            Parents who smirk and say "must be nice having time to waste" as an input when I discuss what I did on my weekend which usually involves me and the bloke curling up together to play video games or watch a movie at some point.

I've had many colleagues say this comment to me recently about practically any interest that I mention in polite conversation. It almost feels like a shut down of my allowance of input in the conversation and try and make me feel guilty that I chose not to have kids.

I understand you guys live your life for your kids and that's great, I respect that. But I'm still allowed to enjoy myself and comment about it without someone making some comment about what I do outside of work not being "worth" anything.

Seriously its starting to nark me, I like these people but this strange attitude a few of them have, especially as many think I'm immature liking gaming more than prosecco nights (even the ones younger than me), is getting a bit tiring and I find myself not wanting to talk to them.

Not all who are parents are like this, just had a handful of workmates and visitors make unhelpful and in a way quite rude comments how I live my life. It rubs me the wrong way (they are the same who say I'll change my mind about kids in the end.)
                            Start taking plot lines from movies, books and songs whilst subtly flipping them and claiming them as your weekend adventures instead. That'll make for some interesting conversation that you could share in the smile thread instead. For example you could you this stylistic scribing of a well known tale as inspiration for your own adventures:

"On a cool, clear night (typical to Southern California) Warren G travels through his neighborhood, searching for women with whom he might initiate sexual intercourse. He has chosen to engage in this pursuit alone. Nate Dogg, having just arrived in Long Beach, seeks Warren. Ironically, Nate passes a car full of women who are excited to see him. He insists to the women that there is no cause for excitement.
                            Warren makes a left at 21st Street and Lewis Ave, where he sees a group of young men enjoying a game of dice together. He parks his car and greets them. He is excited to find people to play with, but to his chagrin, he discovers they intend to relieve him of his material possessions. Once the hopeful thieves reveal their firearms, Warren realizes he is in a considerable predicament...."

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

I’m getting infinitely bored of people like that. I get it, you have a kid, it’s time consuming, your not a unique human being in having a child, literally billions of people do it and it’s THEE most common thing on the planet.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-03-2018, 05:22.

Comment

I do recommend having kids though. It's the best. It's like the love you had for your favouritist teddy bear as a kid combined with that of your pets x100. I'm doing 60-hour weeks right now but I still get plenty of time to myself for games. Today I'm taking a day off, driving up to Amsterdam for a Carpenter Brut gig this evening, and likely getting very high in the process. I'll be checking into the Oedipus brewery for some bottles of fancy hipster beer too as long as I can find the place. I work from home but most days during busy periods I hardly get time to see Jimbo, I see him less than a 9-5 person. I'm actually sick with a cold right now so the wife won't let me near him, making my Amsterdam excursion entirely guilt-free.

Comment

Working...
                                X