Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Monday - working with Monday only colleague causing me stress and frustration which I have mentioned here before.
    She caused a hell of a mix up which had half the reception staff and both managers involved (trying to do big treatment on someone else's patient instead of assessing and treating immediate issue as an emergency). Turns out (again) she has incorrectly refered patients who will have to start the waiting game all over again. She also thought running 25-30 minutes late was a good time to suggest starting a crown prep which can take up to 40 minutes, whilst stressing how she needed to leave on time for her kid's school parents evening (she didn't leave on time).

That and the usual 95% un-computer literate she is. I saw her several times delete all the work I just did and just say "oopise" or "where did it go? *Tee hee*" "I didnt touch anything *shrug*" to asking how to fix a problem

Here is an example...

Her - "How do I add to this pop up note?"
    Me - " you can make a new sticky note (similar to the Windows one) or add more to the current one. To add to the current one, just click at the end of what is written there"
    Her-"what , this?" *clicks File*
    Me- "no, at he end of the sentence here"*points*
    Her-"what , here?" *clicks new sticky note*
    Me- "yes if you want a new note that's fine"
    Her-"Can't you add to the current note?"
    Me- "Yes, just click at the end of it to add to it"
    Her-"what , like this this?" *Deletes new note then presses the X of the whole program on the top right of the screen*
    Me- "no,*cancels the shut down* at he end of the sentence here"*points again*
    Her- Ah yes here! *proceeds to close the note she wanted to add it too.

At that point I just did it for her, like I do alot of the time but somehow she has gotten 20% better since 2 years ago when I first worked with her.

I was relieved that my managers saw how bad she was with the mess up she did with that patient and the referrals (which nurses have nothing to do with but she always asks me how to), they can see how stressed I'm getting. The lack of any computer skills is why she was put with me, which is tough but I can just about cope. Its the strain she puts on me when she asks me advice on stuff I have no business in knowing or undertaking. That and she forgets/ ignores any facts or answers she wants minutes after I have given them to her.

I'm really tempted to not go in tomorrow as I'm exhausted, I ache all over and all this tension has given me bad heart burn. Shame, as even when it is tough I love the rest of the week with my regular collegue and the random changes give me some interest and feeling of importance. I can't really afford to be off.

Edit - apologies on the rant, I am just sick of every week starting like this.

Comment

Oh god, trying to like this first gen GBA SP, I've got Magical Quest 2 rammed in it.

I can't SEE anything, the backlight makes it worse.

Don't ever try gaming on an SP like that, I'm warnin' yo azzizz...

Comment

Global warming, yo! Atmospheric dissipation means more sunlight so it's brighter outside.

Try playing indoors, friend!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Ain't had a drink in a week, was at a bar doing pints of Hobgoblin for £2.20, had about nine or ten in the end, been home and on about five cups of tea since about 10pm, I still have THE worst banging headache in both hemispheres of my brain in the frontal lobe bits, I kinda wanna headbutt a wall and knock myself out cos of how bangin' this headache is, even Lovecraft could not describe how darkly horrid this ishzzle is.
          Not surprised, don’t think I could manage any more than about 5 of those - you do realise it’s a pretty strong ale? (Well I guess you now do now!)

Comment

Yeah, it's a decent beer but they dropped the percentage, it's not normally a problem but a week off made me a lightweight hehe.

Just glad I stuck to that, my mate was trying to buy us Jaipur later on, I would have been well out of it if I'd've started on that stuff...

Comment

Yeah, it's a decent beer but they dropped the percentage, it's not normally a problem but a week off made me a lightweight hehe.

Just glad I stuck to that, my mate was trying to buy us Jaipur later on, I would have been well out of it if I'd've started on that stuff...
              i remember hobgoblin was 5.6%; whats it dropped to?

Comment

A week off? Jesus Jaz I might not drink for 6 months at a time. Do you drink every day normally then?
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-03-2018, 18:49.

Comment

Doing multiplayer games with randoms, when a raid goes south it's never a good experience, managed to drag a team over the line to defeat templar the other day, just. Nothing sucks like being stuck at the same point for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                    Doing multiplayer games with randoms, when a raid goes south it's never a good experience, managed to drag a team over the line to defeat templar the other day, just. Nothing sucks like being stuck at the same point for an hour.
                    Try waiting on D2 with its “guided game” for a team. Wait for hours, only for them to boot you and start all over again. RAGE INDUCING.

Turns console off, goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      Typical Monday - working with Monday only colleague causing me stress and frustration which I have mentioned here before.
                      She caused a hell of a mix up which had half the reception staff and both managers involved (trying to do big treatment on someone else's patient instead of assessing and treating immediate issue as an emergency). Turns out (again) she has incorrectly refered patients who will have to start the waiting game all over again. She also thought running 25-30 minutes late was a good time to suggest starting a crown prep which can take up to 40 minutes, whilst stressing how she needed to leave on time for her kid's school parents evening (she didn't leave on time).

That and the usual 95% un-computer literate she is. I saw her several times delete all the work I just did and just say "oopise" or "where did it go? *Tee hee*" "I didnt touch anything *shrug*" to asking how to fix a problem

Here is an example...

Her - "How do I add to this pop up note?"
                      Me - " you can make a new sticky note (similar to the Windows one) or add more to the current one. To add to the current one, just click at the end of what is written there"
                      Her-"what , this?" *clicks File*
                      Me- "no, at he end of the sentence here"*points*
                      Her-"what , here?" *clicks new sticky note*
                      Me- "yes if you want a new note that's fine"
                      Her-"Can't you add to the current note?"
                      Me- "Yes, just click at the end of it to add to it"
                      Her-"what , like this this?" *Deletes new note then presses the X of the whole program on the top right of the screen*
                      Me- "no,*cancels the shut down* at he end of the sentence here"*points again*
                      Her- Ah yes here! *proceeds to close the note she wanted to add it too.

At that point I just did it for her, like I do alot of the time but somehow she has gotten 20% better since 2 years ago when I first worked with her.

I was relieved that my managers saw how bad she was with the mess up she did with that patient and the referrals (which nurses have nothing to do with but she always asks me how to), they can see how stressed I'm getting. The lack of any computer skills is why she was put with me, which is tough but I can just about cope. Its the strain she puts on me when she asks me advice on stuff I have no business in knowing or undertaking. That and she forgets/ ignores any facts or answers she wants minutes after I have given them to her.

I'm really tempted to not go in tomorrow as I'm exhausted, I ache all over and all this tension has given me bad heart burn. Shame, as even when it is tough I love the rest of the week with my regular collegue and the random changes give me some interest and feeling of importance. I can't really afford to be off.

Edit - apologies on the rant, I am just sick of every week starting like this.
                      Just reading that irks me, so I'm quoting it.

Sick of seeing incompetent people get away with things. Same c**ts seem to bluff their way into better roles they're not qualified for.

Employers deserve this, as they just hear what they want to hear from a candidate. Being honest gets you nowhere, even if you are right for the job, but told them you can't cure fricking cancer! "Oh well, that's a deal breaker!"

Pop in suited and confident generic Johnny who hands in a CV that might as well say "Jesus Christ" on the top. Gives the "perfect" answers to everything, gets the job, but turns out to be absolutely **** at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                        Just reading that irks me, so I'm quoting it.

Sick of seeing incompetent people get away with things. Same c**ts seem to bluff their way into better roles they're not qualified for.

Employers deserve this, as they just hear what they want to hear from a candidate. Being honest gets you nowhere, even if you are right for the job, but told them you can't cure fricking cancer! "Oh well, that's a deal breaker!"

Pop in suited and confident generic Johnny who hands in a CV that might as well say "Jesus Christ" on the top. Gives the "perfect" answers to everything, gets the job, but turns out to be absolutely **** at it.
                        This is exactly why I trial instead of all the interview rubbish. At least that way you end up finding someone who fits, rather than being stuck with someone who’s good at shooting their mouth off and not much else.

People should NOT be able to weasel their way into a contract without proving themselves first.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-03-2018, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          This is exactly why I trial instead of all the interview rubbish. At least that way you end up finding someone who fits, rather than being stuck with someone who’s good at shooting their mouth off and not much else.
                          Brilliant!
                          If more people followed your "trial" method, Trump wouldn't be president.

Comment

Which is a fair point, here's to mandatory Probationary Periods for Presidents

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Brilliant!
                              If more people followed your "trial" method, Trump wouldn't be president.
                              Oh I think a trial's going to be involved at some point

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

People should NOT be able to weasel their way into a contract without proving themselves first.
                                In my current job they made me do a technical test on the spot - 20 mins to fix a broken PC they even threw in some psychological tests I didn't know about while doing the technical test (like opening a door for someone). Apparently I was the only person (out of 50 candidates) who opened the door for a woman trying to carry out a heavy workstation

My boss told me that was a test later. I told him I've been here for some time now, but no one has opened a single door for me!

The worst part is, they stopped doing those tests after hiring me we ended up with people less qualified than me on twice my salary - bullshiz.

Comment

Working...
                                X