This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Someone ran me off the road deliberately during my run today. Literally aimed at me after pretending to pull over to the other side of the road briefly. Had to jump into a ditch... I saw him smiling...

Spending too much time in this thread. James Bay Live Spotify session : ok voice but OMG soooooo boring. 4.5 minute songs that could have been knocked on the head after 2. Drones on and on. Surprised half the audience didn't top themselves it was so depressing
    Should have got his plates and reported him driving erratically.

Comment

Getting him arrested is a bit OTT for making bad music no?

I was too busy climbing out of a ditch

Comment

Is Windows 7 a no no then? We have a 4 year old laptop.

Comment

What's wrong with Windows 7? It works for me. My only issue with Windows 7 is I keep getting a box that asks me over and over to upgrade to Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Having been forced to use Win8.1 at work recently, I'd say that Win7 is a yes-yes.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I have Windows 7 on a 8 year old laptop, my current 3 year old laptop and my fairly high spec desktop computer.

7 is basically identical to 8/8.1 and 10.

Comment

Win10 is a bit faster on old kit in my experience. Apart from that, I've made it look like Win7...

Comment

Probably have the same experience if you disabled Aero in Win 7.

Comment

Is it worth updating? Heard all kinds of issues.

Comment

In theory there's no reason not to.

Reality is a different thing altogether though.

I'd never perform an upgrade for my own systems - clean install every time. Then there is the off chance something does go wrong and you're not savvy enough to fix it and then you yell at Windows 10.

Idk, hard to determine that really.

Comment

Oddly, my win10 upgrade ran completely smoothly until the HDD decided to die. So I did a clean install and it has been iffy ever since with odd things happening just enough to give me paranoia

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Probably have the same experience if you disabled Aero in Win 7.
                          You mean that there are sick people out there that didn't do this within five minutes of installation?

Comment

I have this thing called a graphics processing unit.

I always use Classic in XP, but it doesn't look right in 7 and the window animation is really strange.

Comment

I used to use Classic in XP too. Whatever the animation issue is, I'm probably used to it after six years now.

Work is making me use OSX and a Win8.1 VM at the moment, which seems to scale terribly with VMFusion on a retina screen. Luckily it looks like we have some Win7 licences left over, so I'm requesting a Win7 image instead. I'll get so much more actual work done, instead of faffing around with tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                What's wrong with Windows 7? It works for me. My only issue with Windows 7 is I keep getting a box that asks me over and over to upgrade to Windows 10.
                                Uninstall update KB3035583 and ignore it, that might help.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X