No announcement yet.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`ve finished the main story and the optional tombs along the way. I`m just mopping up all the extras and missions. A lot of the caves and caverns are pretty big as opposed to the optional hidden room type of thing. Some are sods to get into. But it keeps me coming back for more.

I was up in arms over the exclusive to xbox thing, but I think this has done the game a favour as the developer has clearly put their all into this format, and it shows for it.
    One of my favourite games of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      I`ve finished the main story and the optional tombs along the way. I`m just mopping up all the extras and missions. A lot of the caves and caverns are pretty big as opposed to the optional hidden room type of thing. Some are sods to get into. But it keeps me coming back for more.

I was up in arms over the exclusive to xbox thing, but I think this has done the game a favour as the developer has clearly put their all into this format, and it shows for it.
      One of my favourite games of the year.
      Surely the PS4 and PC versions are finished too and sat on an HDD somewhere waiting to be burnt to a master Disc when the exclusivity deal expires?

Comment

Probably not, Crystal Dynamics have never made a Tomb Raider for Playstation platform, they've all been outsourced.

Comment

I've said it before but it blows my mind the detail in modern gaming worlds, the architecture in this is insane!

Comment

Colin in modern games praise shocker!

Comment

Whoa there Chimpo! There are lots of modern games I've praised! Ok, maybe not lots, but a few.....

To be honest I've been full on current gen for a while now, my PS4 has had major use recently, and now I have the One. Since the retro room is to be packed up and changed to a bedroom for er.......reasons......it is a blessing I'm enjoying the modern stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                Probably not, Crystal Dynamics have never made a Tomb Raider for Playstation platform, they've all been outsourced.
                I wasn't aware of that. I hope that means the port will have the polish of the firsts Definitive Edition. I think I noticed puddles don't ripple when walking though and the equipment physics is gone too.

Also as Colin pointed out the controls aren't very responsive and the camera is strange.

Comment

When this boots it mentions Nixxes on the screen. I'm guessing they are handling the ports.

EDIT; They've done the 360 port.
                  Last edited by teddymeow; 29-11-2015, 19:38.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Legend was handled by CD as was Anniversary obviously. Underworld and the reboot were by Nixxes.

They seem really good and I'd be happy for them to handle Rise on PS4 if they can push it like DE. Deus Ex on PC was great and I hear Rise really get the best out of the 360.

Comment

Anniversary was outsourced to Buzz Monkey

PS3 wasn't even released when Legend came out, and was handled by BuzzMonkey also

Comment

I meant the PS2 versions. I figured they'd have at least done Anniversary as it was exclusive to ps2 and pc for a bit but you're right they didn't even handle that.

Comment

fantastically atmospheric game; looks great and so much to do - very nice!

Comment

For me this just isn't as good as the previous Tomb Raider (ignoring its flaws too), the controls just aren't as tight and it doesn't play as well, but that's not to say it isn't a good game, it still is. At least they've had the sense to remove the awful QTE's this time around. Not sure how far I still have to go

I'm up to as far as the second trebuchet in the lost city

but I can't say I really care about the story much.

Comment

Quite enjoyed this but it's a prime example of the dumbing down of gaming. The climbing bits could almost be done one handed and the survival instinct thing is ridiculously generous.

Comment

Well I got 100% completion (had to use a guide for two of the bulls eyes).
                                Gotta say I quite enjoyed this little jaunt with Lara. It was just what I needed, not too taxing and a bit of fun. Ok the story is a bit bland and obvious from the outset, but it didn't build itself up to be much more. It does however have lots of little hidden places to explore as well as some replay value via the game+ type options for replaying the levels.
                                I didn't buy the season pass but the I will no doubt be purchasing the extra levels.
                                Baba Yaga looks to be a little different

Comment

Working...
                                X