No announcement yet.

Fallout 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up to level15 and went adventuring deep and high into surrounding area of Diamond City, you really need to a strong stomach when you get up high, the frame-rate hits under 15 and for 1st time i can understand why with the amount of nooks and cracks on every roof top or the broken but still usable freeway being potentially filled with enemies who shoot at each other (raiders,mutants,gunners,wild life), items to nick or door ways into apartments.

As for progression i've taken my character towards sneak attacks with silenced rifle and pistol, getting x2.3% bonus on top of 40% DMG with rifles and 15% on any silenced weapon means i can one shot everything i've come across (as along as i'm a sneaky bastard) including "skulled" enemies.

Comment

I think this game is great. It might not reinvent the wheel or anything but not having played any of the earlier installments, this is a new experience. I love the post-apocalyptic setting and the game gives a good challenge. I'm really not that good at any type of FPS -type shooters so there's that. The one gripe is the building aspect which is just a nuisance. It really doesn't interest me at all and is a time waster.

Comment

I've had to stop playing for a bit...the constant sidequest torrent has overwhelmed me. My fault, not the games, but a new one pops up every few minutes....finish one and instantly get another. I feel I need to do them all!

Tried ignoring some and got pop ups saying "you are running out of time to..." so got dragged in again

Have gone back to Destiny for Iron Banner for a while to recover.

Comment

So far the only real gripe that I have is that my character has emerged from stasis to murder hundreds of raiders and hasn't really paused to take in the horror of the post-nuclear wasteland she's now living in. I wouldn't mind a bit more of a dreadful, "we're doomed" feel to the atmosphere.

Comment

All that seems to be reserved for the get your son back quest line and anything to do with the reporter Piper, and even then that all hinges on your choices from the dialogue.

Currently going down the minutemen and BoS quest lines and "roleplaying" the BoS as a inside way to f'um up.

Comment

Here's me trying to use V.A.T.S:

Comment

Just bought this byatch today 4 ?28 on amazon oooohhh yyeeaaahhh ( Macho Man Randy Savage style).

Comment

I'm 40+ hours into this now and reached maximum affinity with Piper last night. As much as I like the idea of us ending up as a little post-nuclear family, I find that the XP boost that Lover's Embrace gives you to be a bit creepy- it's almost as if you're using your companion for gain when you think about it.

The wording on the notifications was also a bit off- "Piper idolises you." Idolising someone as a prerequisite to romance doesn't sound particularly great.

Comment

Some of the graphical glitches are pretty funny.

Comment

I played this for about a week then sent it back.

Loading screens when entering or leaving buildings, are you kidding me?!
                      What is this a 360 game?

Then there was the last gen graphics, and finally the nail in the coffin- (when playing the find Nick Valentine quest, my character Lvl 5), the fact that enemies (guys wearing suits with no armour) are invincible and display no ill effects from taking a shotgun blast point black to any area except a perfect head shot until their "health bar" is done. Give me a break. I hate games that cheat. F this game. And thats coming from a Skyrim guy.

Back to lovely Tearaway...
                      Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 09-12-2015, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post

What is this a 360 game?

Then there was the last gen graphics, and finally the nail in the coffin- (when playing the find Nick Valentine quest, my character Lvl 5), the fact that enemies (guys wearing suits with no armour) are invincible and display no ill effects from taking a shotgun blast point black to any area except a perfect head shot until their "health bar" is done. Give me a break. I hate games that cheat. F this game. And thats coming from a Skyrim guy.

lol - nice post

Thats fallout for you. I sold mine about 2 weeks after buying it, not becaude i thought it was rubbish, but i just couldnt give it the time it deserved.

Comment

Aside from load times and graphics which i agree on, it sounds like you don't have clue how the internal logic of a fallout game works and have made a really poorly spec'd character and/or ignoring the enemy strength symbols after the name.

Modern gamers really do need tutorial for everything nowerdays rather than learning by experimenting with the open gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post

What is this a 360 game?

You were at Nick Valentine at level 5? Sounds like you were just rushing through the game and ran into enemies that were beyond your capabilities at that level. I didn't even get to Diamond City until I was nearly level 30.

As for your comments about graphics- I thought this forum was above such quibbling. "Last gen"? Hah!

Comment

I'm at Story Mission 6 of 15 and I'm starting to see what some of the issues are in terms of the game world. It can be quite pretty but it feels like it lacks a sense of character, everywhere still feels pretty generic and the will to continue is still there but I have that early sense it might struggle to hold all the way in a way Skyrim and the previous Fallouts didn't suffer from. It's a good game but whether it's a compelling one might be the issue. I'll see, no bugs yet though.

Comment

I'm plodding my way through the story missions, I've not been looking super hard, but It doesn't seem to have quite the same volume of quirky side quests that the previous games did.

Comment

Working...
                                X