No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone actually buy it for the campaign, we all know what there like, I've played a bit , it's ok, but not what I or many bought it for.

Comment

I did. I don't play multiplayer much.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
        Does anyone actually buy it for the campaign, we all know what there like, I've played a bit , it's ok, but not what I or many bought it for.

I do so I've not played a single recent entry ha

Last one was the first Black Ops which I really enjoyed. I might buy the second, but beyond that the 'future combat' setting is basically pointless in my eyes as it's been done far better in other games.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
          I always find that they are decent length and challenge if you stick it on Vet from the get go. I didnt play much of the MP last year and was happy I played through the campaign.

Comment

I thought the AW single player story was done well - Blops 3 is just daft and gets dafter the further it goes on. The augmentation stuff feels very shoehorned in, just to fit in with killer robots. Using the skills feels very awkward too.

Comment

A good few hours in now and starting to get to grips with some of the maps. Could have done with one or two more and Nuketown is really dull at this point but on the whole it's a good selection.

Now I'm more settled with the flow, the addition of the boost jumping/wall running aside (which will be very much individual to player tastes), this hits me as being immediately better than Ghosts, Advance Warfare and MW3 from the get go. Time will tell against the other MW onwards entries.

Unlike AW there's a solid sense of flow to the new mechanics without fire fights descending into boost ballets. Loving Redwood where it plays well to a mix of new and old strategies without feeling like opposing players are spawning in behind you every 5 seconds too.

Comment

Saw a guy using the wall run to constantly run round a tree in the Redwood level, it looked really, really funny!

Comment

Wow almost 3 weeks since any comments here!

I have been Multiplayer and clocked up nearly 4 days play time and am working through the prestige levels. I have Diamond Camo now for all my Assualt Rifles and SMG's and nearly there on the heavy machine guns. I am really enjoying playing it, some great maps and I play Team Deathmatch, Free for All or Kill Confirmed. So far my headshot hit ratr is 12.3% out of 15,000 + kills.

There is some lag and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Mostly it is against players with slower connections in France and Spain for me.

The jumping is more controlled than the Kangaroo players you find in Advanced Warfare. Subtle but improved gameplay upgrades are you have unlimited sprint from the get go, this was an upgrade on older COD's and it is welcome here.

You really benefit from gun upgrades and the later levels and once you have maxed out your favourite gun, when you prestige you can permanently unlock if you wish. All camo upgrades carry forward when you prestige as well which is great given the commitment you have to make to getting Diamond! (Diamond is unlocked when you achieve Gold on all your guns in a class).

So, for me this is the best COD in ages, and I haven't even touched Zombies yet or the single player game!

Comment

Well, I managed to get this from my bro who had it with a bundle.

Multiplayer is just dull, despite all the perks & scorestreaks. Maps feel like every other map I've ever played in other COD games. Graphically it looks like a last gen game tbh. Wall running feels slow & nowhere near as fluid as Titanfalls. Boost jumping is utilised well but there are areas of maps where you should be able to boost jump over (which you could do inAdv Warfare btw) but end up hitting an invisible wall. Games just felt empty & very quiet online.
                    Single player was just the usual plot line & I just didn't care tbh. Way too much of Destiny, The Matrix & other film ideas in there. Just very very mediocre all round. There was a hint of what could have been an awesome game in there with a WaW style level, which should have been the whole game lets be honest. Adv Warfare was more fun & felt like a version of Quake 3 Arena. Bk Ops 3 is just boring & no fun.

What do we have next yr? Another Modern/Advanced/Future Warfare game? Yawn!! RIP COD. Your last hope of saving the series has just buried itself.
                    Speak of Last Hopes - even tho SW Battlefront isn't perfect it still urinates over Bk Ops 3 in every way

Comment

in keeping with other HD upgrades on PS4, MW1 could make a comeback....

Comment

If they knocked it out at ?15 max then I'd get it. Most HD last gen upgrades tend to drop in price pretty fast, so ?15 is a fair price imo.

Comment

So, I've returned to this and the experience has been interesting. I think my stance now is that Black Ops 3 is a good mp fps. The maps are well designed and it plays well.

What is however very apparent after my time on BF4 and RSS is that Call of Duty's have reached the point where they contain very little to no strategic combat. The gameplay is almost entirely pvp straight gun fights rather than having to plan approaches etc like its rivals do. It's not to the extent that Battlefront is simplified but it's enough that it affects my interest.

Without the series taking a turn back towards a slower, more strategic style I think sticking to just the Treyarch entries for a light, arcadey experience once every 3 years sounds about right.

Comment

I have been giving the campaign a play and boy it's crap. I can't stand the shoehorning of RPG elements like levelling up, excessive customisation etc in to what should be a pick and play game. Single player COD should be simple, give me stuff to shoot at and give me a reason why (terroists, nazis etc). Instead at the start of each mission, I have pick how I spend my 'cores' to upgrade my weapons, abilities, and what ever cyber crap special power I have.

Then I have to pick which weapon layout I want despite knowing nothing about the next mission. Getting a cool new gun to try that is tailored to the mission at hand is part of the fun. I just ended up sticking with the weapon I had spent the most cores on. In general there are just too many options without much context.

Each level just feels the same. Then there are just unfair deaths where you die for what seems to be no reason or some person/bot shot you from where you couldn't possibly see. That one section where robots spawn endlessly until you run inside which was plain irritating. Worst is the game just goes on and on and on and on. Each part feeling the same as the next, very little of it is memorable.

Every time I play it, I hope that the section I complete will be the last. But oh no... there is more.

Comment

FINALLY completed the campaign. Glad its over. Just fired up nightmare mode. 20 mins in and it is far more interesting than the campaign is already. Might actually enjoy this!

Comment

not even touched the campaign yet, just playing MP and progressing through the prestiges. I am about to prestige 10 later today. Hard core is best for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X