Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here got Cyber Doll on the Saturn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here got Cyber Doll on the Saturn?

Looks like a cool cyber punk rpg with a fair amount of English. I liked some of the music and was wondering if anybody had the game to check if the disc had audio tracks that can be ripped or played on a cd player?

I have both versions of it. The made a reprint. I couldn't say if it had CD audio though. I would check it out if the discs weren't in storage.

Here's some information from my site

And

I'MAX aren't exactly known for their RPG's looking good but in Cyber Dolls case that is about to change or maybe that's because Be Top actually produced this game? Cyber Doll is a futuristic Cyber Punk style RPG featuring some pretty nice looking graphics which capturer the style of the theme perfectly. Sadly Cyber Doll is just another traditional style RPG so don't be expecting some cool 3D polygon worlds. What you get is good old fashioned 2D worlds and that's no bad thing as long as they can provide the feeling of actually being there, which Cyber Doll does very well. Story wise there seems to be a good enough plot but I still need to play more to see if it stays intact.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 22-10-2015, 22:49.

Comment

To answer my own question; a copy of the game arrived today and there are 10 or 11 audio tracks on the cd, but they are all heavy rock music (plus a rendition of Toccata and Fugue). The electronic music I liked from the town area must be generated internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I have both versions of it. The made a reprint. I couldn't say if it had CD audio though. I would check it out if the discs weren't in storage.

Here's some information from my site

And

I'MAX aren't exactly known for their RPG's looking good but in Cyber Dolls case that is about to change or maybe that's because Be Top actually produced this game? Cyber Doll is a futuristic Cyber Punk style RPG featuring some pretty nice looking graphics which capturer the style of the theme perfectly. Sadly Cyber Doll is just another traditional style RPG so don't be expecting some cool 3D polygon worlds. What you get is good old fashioned 2D worlds and that's no bad thing as long as they can provide the feeling of actually being there, which Cyber Doll does very well. Story wise there seems to be a good enough plot but I still need to play more to see if it stays intact.
        God your site makes me more nostalgic every year. The special on Japanese used game shops was dizzying stuff. And about 80% what first brought me to Japan.

Comment

It's a shame that the best used game shop ever has now gone. It moved go Fukuoka and was meant to be bigger however the games section was ruined. Most of the Retro stuff has gone!

Comment

Isn't that the way...it's a general trend though isn't it? Such a shame.

Glad we got to live through/appreciate gaming and retro gaming shops' golden age !...still, a sad trend though =(

Comment

Working...
            X