No announcement yet.

Likes and Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billionaires don't want you to use this like function. When I saw number 10 I nearly puked.

Comment

She starts posting on Bordersdown and what happens will blow your mind.

Why does everyone fall for this stuff? It's like suddenly the whole world is new to the Internet.

Comment

None of these links you're posting are working, guys. I'm trying to find out what happened to number 10 and getting nothing.

Comment

Interesting reading this thread over the past couple of days. Whilst i dont mind either way if the like button stays or not. Cosmetically it really doesnt bother me all that much, tbh cant say i have noticed it a huge amount. But if its going to stay i would much prefer a thanks button rather than like. I personally think its more appreciative.

The one thing i really dont like about it currently is that it names people who likes a post. I would hate to see the forum descend into a kind of popularity contest. The forum has worked so well without this feature for over the 12 years i have been on here.

Comment

So, the "likes" plugin has been going for a few weeks.
            It's only getting about 10 presses a day.
            Is that because:
            a) not enough people like likes
            b) everyone is posting rubbish
            c) too subtle - forgot it was there

Any other thoughts? Does anyone specifically like it or dislike it now that it has been there a while (and why)?
            If your answer is "looks rubbish", would you like it if it looked better? It is an option, but I'd have to pay. But doesn't seem worth it for current usage.

Because there is no notification enabled, does anyone notice when their stuff is liked? Would you prefer it if it was notified? The pro version lets users turn them off again (lite version currently installed only lets it be a global option).

Comment

For me, it's about right. If it was any more apparent it would annoy me constantly. Seems like its settled into the display just right at the moment. It's the same with notifications being off at the moment, I'd rather they stayed that way as it's still annoying that the notifications bar picks up @ call outs and post quotes without adding more reasons to ping it up beyond pm's.

It seems pretty much in line with other forums, I'm guessing it's because there's low interest in them.

Comment

No interest from me Charles but I'm a dinosaur - don't do social media.

Just not for me, sorry.

Comment

Isn't that about right though Charles? Maybe 'cos I don't use Facebook I'm out of the loop but aren't people just liking what warrants it, rather than spamming the like button constantly like a bunch of lemmings?

Comment

I think it's option B - up your game, folks!

In seriousness, I'm liking it (groan) - I don't think it's disrupted the usual order of business, and I've used it a few times already to recognise posts where I didn't have anything constructive enough to warrant a separate post.

Comment

I like it too. Very few people are using it but I like it nonetheless. As Gunrock says, we're not spamming it for the heck of it or just acknowledging every post. That probably means it is actually serving some kind of purpose.

Comment

I think it's fine. I've not actually used it yet though. I'm glad the 'Thanks' button was removed, as that seemed a bit silly - on a forum this size you ought to post the word 'Thanks' if someone's helped you out, at the very least! However that is long gone so I am literally moaning about nothing

Comment

That's literally how I feel about likes on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

A thanks is like a half assed engagement. <_<

Comment

Actually, it has demonstrated its use to me in the current Paris thread. There have been a few things covered where my feeling has been, I'm not getting dragged into this particular point but I'm glad you posted this. And so a quick like does the job nicely.

Comment

Achievements next please.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                Achievements next please.
                                Achievement unlocked
                                15BDG - The achievement whore

Comment

Working...
                                X