User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I reckon we've been infiltrated by a group of 14 year olds who are messaging from the back seat of a double decker via their mobiles. Who else would be after all these functions?

If they can be implemented in a way that incorporates them into the existing layout then they're fine as they're neither here nor there, I think they'll grate atm purely because they're so intrusive to the layout.

I think I agree that there's no need for thanks and likes, so have turned thanks off.

I've had a look at the layout and integrating it into the post (like AVforums) is part of the pro version. I'm digging around to see if I can code it myself.

If you have a look at the "at work" style, there's all sorts of crazy stuff that doesn't appear in the V3 style.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlolita View Post
    More clutter.

Don't like this at all if I'm honest. There's no reason to have them either, we're not teenagers here.
    Unfortunately I have to agree.

You know if people "like" your post because people engage with it, quote it, keep discussing etc.

I've never liked this kind of stuff; I think it actually reduces discussion.

Yeah, have to agree, just clutters things up too much imo.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Can we have a 'Bollocks' option?

And a Talks Bollocks leaderboard?

That would be awesome, although I already know who would be at the top.

Hmm. This sort of feedback system often leads to people changing their posting styles. Not a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Decider-VT View Post
    Hmm. This sort of feedback system often leads to people changing their posting styles. Not a good idea...
    I agree.

I particularly dislike post voting systems because of the weird circular logic that it engenders.

"Why do you want to get rid of it? It doesn't matter. It's just a pointless number."
    "Well if it's pointless then get rid of it.
    "Well you can't get rid of it, it's useful."
    "Why?"
    "Why do you want to get rid of it. It doesn't matter. It's just a pointless number..."

And repeat.