Super Famicom -The Box Art Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Famicom -The Box Art Collection

At Bitmap Books we work with the world’s most experienced writers, designers and gaming experts to create meticulously researched, visually ambitious books that all do one thing. Bitmap Books bring your classic gaming memories to life.

"We are very excited to announce that we will be publishing the excellent Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection.

This compilation of Japanese Super Famicom game packaging is professionally shot and presented as a glorious hardback edition. The book features around 250 titles, including many rare examples and some that have never before been documented in print. Sourced from the archives of renowned collector, Stuart Brett (aka Super Famicom Guy), each box is beautifully presented life size, with a critique of the artwork, plus interviews with other collectors, explaining their love of the format.

Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection will come in a square format book, bound in charcoal grey wibalin with a gold foil block logo and lithographically printed to the highest standards Long-time games journalist Steve Jarratt, launch editor of Edge and Nintendo magazine Total!, will oversee the text and also write the foreword.

Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection is an unmissable treat for anyone who had a passion for Nintendo?s 16-bit games console, and who came to embrace the distinctive Japanese artwork adorning these iconic games.

Due for publication in early 2016."

Really nice. Some SFC box art is superb. I can't think that I can justify buying this though.

Comment

Was always into the product itself, but wasn't impressed with the way the Kickstarter was being handled, so very glad to see this taken away from crowdfunding and into a publisher's hands. Looking forwards to it!

Comment

Take my monies now!
        Last edited by Colin; 09-10-2015, 13:45.

Comment

As I said on Twitter, I'll probably get this to compliment my Super Famicom "collection" which is cart only.

Comment

Ooh, lovely!!

Comment

I'll be in if it's around 20 quid. After all, it is a book.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Was always into the product itself, but wasn't impressed with the way the Kickstarter was being handled, so very glad to see this taken away from crowdfunding and into a publisher's hands. Looking forwards to it!
                You mean how it was likely pulled because it got publisher interest?

Comment

Don't need a book. I can just look in my wardrobe

Still, a very nice idea for a book a d something so simple. Not sure why it hasn't been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    You mean how it was likely pulled because it got publisher interest?
                    No, it was originally pulled afaik due to possible copyright issues regarding some of the artwork that was going to be used in the book.

These concerns have hopefully been resolved now to my knowledge. I've known Sam for a while, having helped out since the first book he put out (the C64 Commpendium) and he's definitely very on top of these things. It was one of the first questions I asked him when he told me that he was going to resurrect this project (some weeks before the announcement) because I was well aware of why it had been cancelled in the first place.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Let's just say I'm dubious as I saw it getting pulled from day 1 and knew it would be published.

Comment

They're also doing a book about arcade marquees:
                        At Bitmap Books we work with the world’s most experienced writers, designers and gaming experts to create meticulously researched, visually ambitious books that all do one thing. Bitmap Books bring your classic gaming memories to life.

"Gamers who cut their teeth in the arcades will love this trip down memory lane. Artcade is a unique collection of coin-op cabinet marquees, some dating back 40 years to the dawn of video gaming.

Originally acquired by Tim Nicholls from a Hollywood props company, this archive of marquees ? many of which had suffered damage over time ? have now been scanned and digitally restored to their former glory.

The full collection of classic arcade cabinet artwork is presented here for the first time in this stunning landscape hardback book, and accompanied by interviews with artists Larry Day and the late Python Anghelo.

Relive your mis-spent youth with artwork from dozens of coin-ops including Asteroid, Battlezone, Street Fighter II, Out Run, Moon Patrol, Gyruss, Q*Bert, Bubble Bobble and many more. Each marquee takes up a full double-page spread in the book, and is faithfully recreated using beautiful lithographic printing on the highest quality paper.

Tim has spent over a thousand hours assembling the high-resolution scans, restoring the images in Photoshop and colour-correcting them back to their vibrant, as?new appearance. The results of all that hard work are now available as a lasting record of the amazing artwork that adorned the arcades during the golden era of coin-op video gaming."

Personally, I'm a lot less interested in this as arcade marquee art is normally pretty poor IMHO.
                        If it had been arcade flyers, I'd have been interested.

Have you ever done a Google image search for "arcade flyers"?

Magical!

Comment

If it's American art then it's mostly crap. That final fight is a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            I'll be in if it's around 20 quid. After all, it is a book.
                            The hardback Amiga book is fifty notes, so I'm not confident you'll get this for a score.

Comment

I'm in on the Kickstarter for the Spectrum book which should be shipping in a month or so & have read great things about their C64 & Amiga ones so this should be another great one.

Will definitely be in on this one too.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X