Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - PS4 UK review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - PS4 UK review

Well, thanks to Simply Games, my copy arrived this morning!!

So I will post some first impressions and update as I play more.

I am going to play through the games in the correct order to full appreciate them again (i have been playing Uncharted 2 recently on PS3 for reference)

So, first up, the UC1, the game looks fantastic, lush graphics, it simply looks great and O look forward to seeing more of the updated graphics as I progress through. And, with the PS4 controller, it plays much better! The character animation seem less twitchy than the PS3 version and with the much better feel of the PS4 controller it is a joy to play. Aiming shots is better now.

So, this is just early and will get back to it now. If you have never played Uncharted, then you ow to yourself to pick this up. Thress great games in one package is the best value this year.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

This morning?!?! It's not out until the 9th!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      This morning?!?! It's not out until the 9th!!
      Yep, pre-ordered it yonks ago, shipped yesterday and it arrived this morning. I got it for ?36.95 but I see prices have gone up since I ordered it. Simply Games always ship as soon as they get stuff in, i got Metal Gear V 6 days early as well.

Comment

Up to Chapter 6 now of UC1 and the initial impressions still hold true. Forgot how good this game was (well it was 2007 when i last played it!). Now in its 2015 clothes it is a joy to play.

Beautiful landscapes now super pretty and all graphics clear and beefed up. This is a great updated and a credit to the guys who did it.

Now at start of chapter 6, and boy it has been great. Stunning to look at, the game is a joy to play. Have sent screen shots to my son to encourage him to get it also. Forgot how good the dialogue is this game, great stuff
        Last edited by jim g; 03-10-2015, 15:30. Reason: update, now at chapter 6

Comment

Mine turned up today as well from Simply games.Loving it all over again.The 1080p/60fps makes a difference with Uncharted 1

Comment

Up to level 10 now of UC and the great journey continues. Really impressed and have been resisting the temptation to try out the other two games.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
              Up to level 10 now of UC and the great journey continues. Really impressed and have been resisting the temptation to try out the other two games.
              Just finished Uncharted 1 on normal.Love the remaster the 1080p/60fps makes it feel so fresh
              I'm holding off playing 2+3 because A there is a day one patch which is not live,which improves audio and video/gun aiming.B the trophies haven't gone live either,which is understandable as we've had it 6 days early
              Last edited by BIG EDD; 04-10-2015, 16:44.

Comment

Need. Now. Could any of you kind gentleman please possibly tell me if the audio has been remixed/remastered, for home cinema set ups?

Cheers!

DA

Comment

How does the gameplay hold up on UC1? Has it aged ok?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                    How does the gameplay hold up on UC1? Has it aged ok?
                    Plays better IMHO and the PS4 pad is much better to use. There might more tweeks when the day 1 patch comes out, but right now I am absolutely loving it

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                      Need. Now. Could any of you kind gentleman please possibly tell me if the audio has been remixed/remastered, for home cinema set ups?

Cheers!

DA
                      There are set ups for TV, Home 7.1 surround sound, studio 7.1 surround sound and surround sound headphones.
                      The day one patch also has audiovisual updates

Comment

UC1 Completed!. Awesome conversion, stunning graphics and gameplay! Three games for the price of one, great package.

Off to UC2 now........

Comment

The trophies are synced now but still waiting on day one patch.I'll try Wednesday night now

Comment

PatchPatch 1.01 has gone live.Various bug fixes,visual optimisation,Audio enhancements and gun aiming adjustments.

Comment

Sweet, looking forward to playing this again.

Comment

Working...
                              X