Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I shouldn't tell you about the weather over in the east...it's been pretty bad this week.
    Aye, it’s cold and it’s snowing, but I love it. Great being back again, every six months feels too long. Though I’ll take winter over the scorching summers here any day!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
      No, but if you type 'colin' between two colons it becomes the git smiley when you post
      colon colin colon

Between Two Colons, with Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Aye, it’s cold and it’s snowing, but I love it. Great being back again, every six months feels too long. Though I’ll take winter over the scorching summers here any day!
        Does everyone really say 'aboot' and "eh" over there?

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like a really dodgy night out.

Not here in Toronto Zaki, but if you go north you get it a little, one of my wife’s cousins is pretty great for sounding like Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Comment

Practically any white folks outside of big cities sound that like I find.

Comment

Playing rally car with my nephew in my office. Got him up on a wheely chair and was racing round the office making car noises. He was screaming with laughter as were going round corners and racing off again.

It’s great when their like 1-2, everything is new and exciting.

Comment

Moving to our next flat on Sunday

Still got loads of packing to do but I can't wait to be out of this place with it's slightly too short door frames waiting to bash my head and the lack of(and ban on) air conditioning in two of the rooms forcing us into essentially a 1LDK lifestyle in a 3LDK flat. Next place is a 2LDK and a bit smaller but all the rooms have air conditioning so we can actually use them as rooms rather than storage.

Also, although the message is rather cryptic, we may have free 200Mb internet. Even if it's naff, it means I can relax about picking an ISP.

Comment

My PC Engine now syncs with the OSSC! it didn't like csync with LM1881 stripper

Last edited by Zaki; 18-01-2018, 21:00.

Comment

An Earl Grey brew an 'a homemade mince pie with a dollop of jersey cream.

Comment

Moved into our new flat yesterday.

The entire move was finished within three hours(60 cardboard boxes of stuff, sofa, fridge, washing machine, cabinets, digital piano, etc). The guys were a bit gung-ho but everything looks fine.

The new area is great. Restaurants galore and a 24-hour supermarket. Everything including the station is within a minute's walk and I can't wait to get settled down and properly enjoy the place.

One cool thing we just found out: 200Mb internet is included for free. We can upgrade to 1Gb for not much more on top but I'll see how this runs first. We should get the modem next week but can just use our mobiles in the meantime.

We haven't slept much since Friday but I'm buzzing right now. Maybe due to the lack of sleep.
                      Last edited by randombs; 22-01-2018, 02:38.

Comment

Where did you move to? Back to wonderful Matsudo?

Comment

I wasn't in Matsudo(weren't you in Shin Matsudo?) but I lived near Nagareyama and after that I'd say been living near Shinagawa for 3.5 years until now.

I'm living in Sugamo, two stops from Ikebukuro on the Yamanote.

We've got a Seiyuu a minute away. It's owned by Wal-Mart and the supermarket is open 24 hours. The other floors(with cleaning stuff, clothes and even TVs) are open until midnight. There's also a 24 hour meat shop(Hanamasa).

My smile:
                          I usually get a bit jealous of friends who work in Tokyo but working in Saitama means I go in the opposite direction to most commuters and always get a seat. It was especially nice coming home today and then seeing photos on FB of Tokyo stations jam packed with commuters trying to go home in the snow.

Comment

Love that poem. Besides making me smile with its brilliance, Bukowski always reminds me of living in Brooklyn with a Jewish girl in abject poverty. She was a poet herself, and introduced me to Bukowski, she had every one of his countless books and a mini library on philosophy. All we ever did was get high, talk about art n philosophy and had sex. Never been poorer in my life, never been more cultured. We felt like we owned the city. Wandering New York's museums n galleries n poetry recitals n folk shows, always off our faces. Sex, drugs n art: it was enough.

Comment

That the iPhone X Animoji advert has led me to Alana Greszata.

Comment

Old guy at work's just become a chemtrail truther, opinionated old guy who's never had the Internet and has dissed it for YEARS...and he's finally got the Internet and has just discovered YouTube...heheheheheh...

He's quoting names, asking have you heard of this person, that person, his eyes all manic. He's 55 and righteously angry like Samuel L. in Pulp Ficktch, he's found his new direction.

I'm happy, he's happy (even though he may think he feels righteously angered), me and my mate are gonna run miles with this one, things we could introduce into this poor man's mind, I already planted the D:Wave AI seed earlier...

Comment

Working...
                                X