No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boss's dog was in work today, adorable Maltese boy who we had to make a "doggie barrier" out of lined up boxes about 1.5 feet high so he didn't escape the staff room (he was too short to climb/ jump over.

The lady who works in HR doggie sits him often and had to bring him into work today and after lots of trembling at first I got lots of face licks!!!

Our manager is very short and petite and it was a bit too funny seeing her climb over the doggie barrier to get in and out of the room!

Comment

Wife has gone out with her best friend.

Kids are asleep, I've ordered a takeaway and I'm watching the Man Utd game on NowTV.

Tonight is my night!!

Comment

Make sure she knows YOU'RE doing it for HER sake.

Comment

"Piss off ghost!"

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Wife has gone out with her best friend.

Kids are asleep, I've ordered a takeaway and I'm watching the Man Utd game on NowTV.

Tonight is my night!!
            Make sure you use your non-dominant hand for "the feels"!

Comment

Back from night out. Would have liked to stay out for longer but have loads to do tomorrow morning connected to Free Comic book day (meeting friends for breakfast.) Cut it slighty short as an old colleague coming out with us who is lovely but a full time liability when out drinking was one of the few left going into the town centre. Another factor is people rowdy from the football.

Great rare night out with people from work. My close colleague as usual had us all in stitches with his inappropriate jokes which I banter with every day, fake dick pics posted on the HR lady's phone who was not impressed after she left it unattended on the table. Doggie was with us but his dog sitter possibly gave him concussion after catching his head on the edge of the table which freaked her out as it's the bosses dog.

Loads of free half price procecco and an amazing pub burger meal which will make me likely to visit that pub again. Got home in one piece, really enjoyed it and plan to go out again in a month for someone's birthday.

Comment

Until I started looking into emergency car kits, I never realised how much I NEEDED a grappling hook.

Comment

Free Comic Book Day. We got a serious haul from our local comic shop and bought some cool stuff too. There are mangas based on the Zelda games. We got the one that covers Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass because it looks cuter than the others.

Comment

Said I'd get my mum a new pair of sneaks so went to Nike Outlet store and scored a pair of Vomero XIs and snatched a pair of LeBron Soldier XIs for me in my proper size (11.5), under £80, for both. Lovin' the LeBrons, though the velcro makin it a nightmare getting them on. But once they're on it feels like you're the main character in a good platformer.

Comment

Daaaaaamn. I'm sitting here marvelling at the LeBron 11s, these beautiful, beautiful creations, spinning each shoe around in my hand. They are lush, these are my Marty McFly BTTF2 shoes* I've always been after.

Saw these on a YouTube vid before Xmas and set my heart on a pair but thinking I'd have to pay at least a hundred squid. But, no, £39.50. Life just gave me a smiley, betta recognize.

(*they're NOT the actual BTTF2 Nikes BTW, just the ones I'd've been wearing if I was Marty McFly).

Comment

Was a bit disappointed with the store that did free comic book day, they bagged some up in "themes" (kids, superheros and kick ass ladies) like last year (except ladies was mature) but nothing to chose extra or other bits. We got there reasonably early so it was not like we arrived late in the day.

Anyway it was a nice day, I found some 2nd hand perfect condition manga volumes in the other table top gaming/ comic shop I wanted, plus some books I was interested and a fun handmade badge. They clearly cut up comics and sold the badges for 40p, the bloke got me some Totoro ones last month and rummaging through at the comic shop I found a squirrel girl one! Played Machi Koro in the afternoon and had Chinese take away for the first time in ages (the restaurant has been closed for refurbishment)

Today we had a lovely afternoon at a stately home in a park enjoying afternoon tea supplied as a groupon voucher gift from my parents as part of an engagement present.

Hopefully get some time tomorrow to read some of the free comics.

Comment

Someone on my Overwatch team right now is massively high rank. 500+. Live name is "superlaxative". Lol

Comment

Shame one of our team left. We are getting murdered

Comment

Went out early this afty to the bus stop on a trip to drinks, I'm all alone and there's just this massive Taschen Los Angeles book sitting on the little bench, it's a massive, thick, luxurious Taschen book, THIS book in fact:

I left it at the bus stop but it was right up my street. But it was HUGE, a proper luxury book. But I couldn't have taken it to Skipton on the sesh with me.

I actually wish I'd took the book and stayed at home. It was a dull sesh with dull people.

WHO left it there??? And WHY???!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                there's just this massive Taschen Los Angeles book sitting on the little bench...
                                WHO left it there??? And WHY???!
                                I was in LA a few weeks ago. THAT BOOK WAS A SIGN. A SIGN, I TELLS YA!

Comment

Working...
                                X