Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Got the new Chromecast. Such a tidy solution to streaming. Completely fanless too compared to my PS3. Mega happy with it.
    Can you manually set DNS on it for use with Unblock US, etc? You couldn't on the original, which put me right off.

Comment

Really? That's a bit lame but I can see why they'd want to do that, the buggers.

Seems the only way to get Unblock-us is to use a router with DD-WRT:

Unfortunately, neither of my routers work with DD-WRT(or they do but it's too much faffing for not enough gain) and I was considering a Chromecast at one point.

Comment

Sadly it looks like my PS3's long service as The Netflix Box is going to continue. It's the only device that has the magical combination of optical audio output, manual DNS, Netflix, NowTV and 4OD that I've seen, unless there's a particularly talented Blu-ray player out there that also runs apps.

Comment

Well, I literally just have a Chromecast and an LCD TV.

My hi-fi setup is plugged into my PVM now...

Comment

Don't most routers support DNS changes? Mine does.

Comment

Enjoying Shia LaBoeuf watching all his movies back to back. Live: http://newhive.com/allmymovies

Just wishing I had more time to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Don't most routers support DNS changes? Mine does.
                ... for each device? Legit question, not trying to be snide here!

Comment

No, universal setting. Does ddwrt do per device?

Comment

Absolutely no idea. So out of the loop on router tech, just always thought if I was going to go down the DNS route for Netflix, I would quite like the option to have device X for US, Y for UK, and so on. The idea of having to update router settings and change things depending on what I want to watch is a major step away from the simplicity of just sticking on Netflix of an evening.

Comment

With UnoDNS, you can change a setting on their website to switch between regions, so you don't need to go into the router after the initial setup. All devices in the house would switch at the same time though. Personally I have openDNS on the router to reduce the chance of the kids seeing dodgy stuff at their age and then just tap in the settings on the Xbox if I want to change regions. It was easier on the Xbox360 because if you went to change the DNS, it remembered your previous choice of 2nd DNS, but the XboxOne blanks it out if you try and change it

Comment

Bayonetta.

This game just makes me smile and I can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Enjoying Shia LaBoeuf watching all his movies back to back. Live: http://newhive.com/allmymovies

Just wishing I had more time to watch it.
                          What the...

This is actually happening right now!! It's like those stupid reaction videos on YT but better because it's Shia LaBoeuf.

It's mesmerising. And I did just see him smiling a bit. I think it's good that he's watching in reverse order so as he gets more tired and agitated he'll have nostalgia to help him through. Unless the early films bring back memories of bad production experiences. Regardless, it means he got Transformers out of the way early on(which he apparently slept through )

:Shiapdate:

Found the film schedule. What a film to end the marathon with:

Last edited by randombs; 12-11-2015, 02:17.

Comment

I ended up watching it for close to an hour yesterday! Caught him falling asleep.

Comment

I managed to catch someone taking a selfie with him which was nice. He was friendly about it, too. It seems like he'll just remain silent but is interacting with people if they do/say something.

Is there a site with highlights? That'd be interesting!

I really wanted to try watching a film with him over here but the time difference means I can't do it comfortably(I could catch Nausicaa but I'd have to start watching it on the train home!) and there's no sound on the stream for me(which makes sense from a licensing viewpoint) to line it up.

If I could it'd be like Japanese TV celebrity boxes but containing someone I don't want to punch.

Comment

Just saw the BEST yawn from him. Really hope someone recorded that. The guy looks wrecked now.

Comment

Working...
                                X