Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    PS3
    Gradius V - ?3.20
    Raiden IV Overkill - ?4.80
    Time to buy some credit me thinks

Comment

Gah, not for NA.

Comment

Suikoden 1 & 2 are also currently only ?2 each on the UK store!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on Gradius, my PS2 has stopped playing blueys so I bought it last night.

One thing though...even though I'm playing on a 2011 Samsung with 60hz, when I select the 60hz option it flicks back to the hz selection screen and only boots in 50hz...am I doing summat wrong?

AND, can anyone remind me what colour settings I use to stop PS2 games having them grey blacks on the PS3?????

Comment

I think the 60Hz selection screen is a really short amount of time, so if you keep tapping X whilst it's doing the test, it should select it for you.

Comment

It says it lasts 5 seconds but it only seems to last for about one! And when I click X it seems to just flash black then go back to the select screen. I tried it around 5 times last night but I'll try again in a bit.

Comment

I have the disc version, which I was playing fairly recently and that's how it works for me! Good luck!
              It's a shame we can't play it together online.

Comment

It's very temperamental, just got it to work! One time I selected, screen went totally black! Got it working now but 60hz is a slightly smaller screen than in 50hz. But god it looks nice, even if I'm not sure my PS2 blacks are looking too great!

Yeah, shame about the online, such an ace game!

Comment

I'd been playing it for ages, getting slightly better each time, but I kept dying at the giant wall-climbing robot spider crab boss.
                  Once you lose all the weapons, it's even harder to get through.
                  I was about to throw the pad at the telly, unsure of how I'd get through and then I remembered:

The KONAMI code!

I've managed to get through that bit now, even without the code, but not much further.
                  I like how each time you play you get a teensy bit further.

What option setting do you prefer?
                  I find the one where holding R1 lets you change the direction of the shots is vital for quickly beating the first boss, the ring one that rotates around you.

Comment

Soz for the late reply! I remember from back in the day on the PS2 that the more you fail, the more continues you get, and the more you fail and continue, the more you *learn* the game so by the end, you get better with less continues. It's really cool because this game is sooooo good that failing is fun, you just wanna play more! the only bad thing about this game is that maybe Stage 1 is a bit dull, I love getting it out of the way.

I haven't had time to give it a good reappraisal yet but iirc, I used to use the 'hold' multiple, whereby you can hold the R1 to keep your options in place, and release when needed. I stuck to that method back in the day but might give the other options a try. But this game really IS sublime and pure pure joy. ?3.20 for it is kerazy. I'm having my weekly beer night tonite so with this and the freebie Ground Zeroes off Live this week, I'm in for a nice night.

(I've never used the Konami code, btw...I've never wanted to cheat on a Konami game!)

Comment

Working...
                    X