No announcement yet.

PS4 for ?200 in ASDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That negates your entire argument though. You could have just bought all of those games on the 360/PS3/Game
    I could have bought Sonic, Strider, SOR II, Road Rash on the MS and been quite happy I guess . But give me the Mega Drive versions any day of the week. Trying to make a must have list of 25 exclusives 2 year in for systems like the DC, Cube, 360, MD, Saturn would be hard. But I was more than happy I moved up to those systems myself and if more of the same was a issue people would have never moved from the NES and MS to the Snes and MD given they were 2D Sprite systems

Comment

It's a bit different comparing often terrible versions or in fact totally different games.

Nowadays cross gen games are often identical bar visuals.
      Last edited by nakamura; 23-09-2015, 10:21.

Comment

Ah, you see, I wasn't really thinking that far back [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION], but the difference between games on the Master Sytem and Mega Drive are far more distinct than the 360 and One. Something like MS Golden Axe had one character, MD had better graphics, three characters, two-player co-op and more levels than the arcade!

Are Forza Horizon II, Titanfall and Wolfenstein really that different an experience on the new systems? Really?

I was thinking more about when I upgraded from PS2 to 360.
        Don't get me wrong, the graphics are a massive step forward, but I was also impressed with what they were doing with the hardware. As I said, the sight of Frank on top of a truck, surrounded by a sea of zombies, got me really excited about the new console.

On top of that, you had the online element, wireless gamepads and headsets that genuinely felt like a step forward.
        The launch games felt different and a real progression in gameplay, graphics and immersion.

With this gen, as your list highlights, the impact has been lessened. A long list of sequels and remakes on hardware not massively different to its predecessor doesn't excite me, which makes me sad.

I'm sure Destiny is brilliant and I'm glad it's gained some dedicated players, but it's not enough of a draw to get me to upgrade.

I'm confident I will have just as much fun playing through my backlog, which has got some truly epic games, rather than buying them again for a current console. If I bought a One, I'd just end up primarily playing the handful of titles that will work with the backwards compatibility, whilst keeping the 360 set up, playing through the ones that aren't.

That's what I need to keep telling myself!

Comment

To be fair, Horizon 2 is infinitely better on Xbox One.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            To be fair, Horizon 2 is infinitely better on Xbox One.
            "Infinitely"?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              "Infinitely"?
              Yes. The sound and handling are strangely muted on 360. The world is lifeless and empty. It takes on a whole different level on Xbox One. Not just visually. Handling is more precise and rewarding. It has full damage and tuning that the 360 game does not. Also weather is missing from the 360 version.

It's a huge amount better.

Comment

I've told you a trillion times not to exaggerate!

You've gone from "infinity" to "huge amount".

You sound like a rubbish Buzz Lightyear!

Comment

I have a "gaming computer" so 99% of the time I'll play cross platform stuff there.

Comment

Stuff like Arkham Knight?

Comment

I'd have to play Asylum and City first...

Comment

I'm just joking, Speedo, but I can't face getting back into the merry-go-round of constant upgrades on a PC. Each new milestone game needs a new graphics card (around the price of a whole console) and a whole load of configuring to get working.

I can't face that any more and these days I enjoy playing with a pad and telly whilst sat on the sofa. I've had some great times with Half-Life, Max Payne, SHOGO, Kingpin and so on, so I understand the appeal.

However, I think that PC vs. console is a different debate to the one in this thread though of old vs. new consoles but your point of not having played any of the Arkham series is relevant because I need to accept that whilst playing something like The Witcher 3 on a new console will be excellent, but I can still have lots of fun playing through The Witcher 2 on a last gen one.

Comment

1 gfx upgrade in 4 years for me. Not as bad as it once was mate.

Comment

Yeah, but you're secretly trying to justify buying a new ATI Fireball XL340 water-cooled teraflop card. Or two!

Comment

but the difference between games on the Master Sytem and Mega Drive are far more distinct than the 360 and One. Something like MS Golden Axe had one character, MD had better graphics, three characters, two-player co-op and more levels than the arcade!
                              Not really Tech wise in terms of sprites, and colour the MS isn't that far behind the MD and if you add in the FM sound , then its close in the sound too . The leap btween the 360 and the One is just as much as the leap over the MS with the MD. Playing NHL 2016 and the XBone and would coukd swear the replays are real TV clips half time and is a miles beyond anything the 360 could handle

On top of that, you had the online element, wireless gamepads and headsets that genuinely felt like a step forward.
                              The launch games felt different and a real progression in gameplay, graphics and immersion
                              Depends don't it . I've been online with the consoles since the DC days (some since the Saturn days) and anyone with a CD-i could boast their console was the 1st tp ship with Wireless gamepads as standard

I'm sure Destiny is brilliant and I'm glad it's gained some dedicated players, but it's not enough of a draw to get me to upgrade
                              It's better than HALO fullstop and is just an amazing game . Its only issue are it' a FPS and so will get slammed byt the Internet bandwagon
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 23-09-2015, 15:40.

Comment

Destiny has amazing gameplay but the game is just a load of dull quests. It's no Sci Fi epic but boy that gunplay is awesome. Lot of people seem to like questing style game structure though.
                                Last edited by nakamura; 23-09-2015, 17:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X