No announcement yet.

PS4 for ?200 in ASDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair I know this gen took a little while to get going (and the remake situation has been questioned by some) but out of curiosity I've just taken a quick look over on metacritic at the top 40 on both the ps4 and the bone and out of them I'd have no problem picking 25 quality games that I'd be more than happy to play on either system.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      25 games worth having for current gen system? Hahaha!
      Agreed...I only own 3 PS4 games so far.

Comment

Nothing in my store. Would have bought a One.

Comment

Looked in Basingstoke and Farnborough ASDA stores first thing this morning.

Nowt.

Comment

Gutted. I'd have gone in at ?200.

Comment

25 games worth having for current gen system? Hahaha!
              I don't know why you are laughing I could name 25 games worth getting.

Comment

Please do.

Comment

Did anyone get me a Xbox one? [emoji4]

Comment

Please do.
                    What's the point you're only rubbish them. But here's 25 games I have on the XBox One alone that I'm more than happy with Maybay on their own not worth getting a system for, but I'm happy none the less and before you hit back some of them are also on old systems .. Well the likes of Streets Of Rage II were also on the Master System but were so cut down, give me the Mega Drive versions any day of the week.

FIFA
                    Alien: Isolation
                    Assassin's Creed Unity
                    Battlefield 4
                    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
                    Dead Rising 3
                    Forza Horizon 2
                    F1 2015
                    Forza 5
                    Forza 6
                    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
                    Destiny
                    Metro 2033 Redux
                    Metro: Last Light Redux
                    Project CARS
                    Rare Replay
                    Ryse
                    Sunset Overdrive
                    The Wicther
                    Wolfenstein
                    Titanfall
                    FarCry IV
                    Batman: Arkham Knight
                    Ori

Comment

Aren't 99% of those multi-platform? I'd only buy Destiny out of those and I'd buy it on PS4 where it's better.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

See, that's a good list and if you're ready to upgrade, there's some gems to pick up there, but I'm still trying to be sensible!
                        Here's why, for me, that list isn't enough to "jump in":

FIFA - Don't like football
                        Alien: Isolation - I have this on 360 unplayed
                        Assassin's Creed Unity - Never played an AC game, I have Brotherhood unplayed
                        Battlefield 4 - Sounds good, but not a system seller for me.
                        Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - I have Black Ops I and II unplayed
                        Dead Rising 3 - Loved DR1 and DR2:OTR. DR1 sold me a 360 with the shot of Frank on a truck surrounded by zombies, but DR3 isn't a system seller. I still need a break.
                        Forza Horizon 2 - I haven't played FH1 or 2 and I can get them cheap for 360
                        F1 2015 - Not a bif F1 fan (I prefer jumping broken drawbridges in my driving games)
                        Forza 5 - Enjoyed Forza 3, but there's only so many laps you can do before boredom sets in - see drawbridge comment!
                        Forza 6 - Same again
                        Halo: The Master Chief Collection - All the Halo games blur into one. I have ODST and Reach unplayed.
                        Destiny - Really intrigued but I'd be miles behind other players and I don't like how your game gets restricted if you don't buy every DLC.
                        Metro 2033 Redux - Not played any of the series. I have Last Light unplayed.
                        Metro: Last Light Redux - Same again
                        Project CARS - More laps
                        Rare Replay - Nice compilation, but I've emulated what I wanted to play in previous years.
                        Ryse - Would be a fun game, but not a system seller
                        Sunset Overdrive - Would be a fun game, but not a system seller
                        The Witcher 3 - Not played the series. I have Witcher 2 unplayed and Skyrim unplayed
                        Wolfenstein - Available on 360 cheap
                        Titanfall - Does anyone still play this? Only experts who'd instakill this newb. No SP is a negative for me.
                        FarCry IV - Not played any FC games. I have Far Cry 3 unplayed
                        Batman: Arkham Knight - I have Arkham City unplayed
                        Ori - Not really my thing. Not a system seller.

So, I'm not rubbishing your list, I'm just saying why, for me, working my way through my unplayed list, then getting the 360 equivalents of any I don't have yet gives me years of entertainment!

I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone!

Comment

Not enough exclusive next gen games although it's improving.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Aren't 99% of those multi-platform? I'd only buy Destiny out of those and I'd buy it on PS4 where it's better.
                            9 games in that list of 24 were One exclusives.
                            That's 62.5% are multiplatform, not 99%!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              Who cares ? 2 years in the Saturn, Mega Drive, N64, Cube , 360, PS3 and DC life I'll have a hard time of making 25 exclusive game worth getting the system for with out trying to list some multi (I''l have a hard time listing 25 games worth buying a DC or PS3 for, fullstop 2 years in) . There was still more than enough games on the system that made you happy . Same goes for the PS4 and One. Why are multi Platform games so bad ?, why do we need so many exclusives now . I was Happy with the Saturn and just Panzer Dragoon ,just PGR 3 with the 360 or JSR on the DC or Motorstorm on the PS3

Not enough exclusive next gen games although it's improving.
                              Just get a XBox One you know you want too.

Here's why, for me, that list isn't enough to "jump in":
                              TBH I'm amazed you ever upgraded a new console thinking like you . More of the same was exactly what we got with the Mega Drive and Snes given the 2D chipsets of both consoles , but that's ok then but seems to be bad now . I could play Streets Of Rage II, Strider and the like on my Master System and cheaper too but they were so cut down compared to the bigger brother MD versions I just didn't want to go there , I really wouldn't want to play the cutdown versions of Forza Hor II, Wolfenstine on my 360.

As for Titanfall and Destiny, yes there loads that play Titanfall and if you just buy Destiny the Fallen King you get all the content and the 1st game included for a regular price game ; and it the best FPS I've played in years.
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 23-09-2015, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Who cares ? 2 years in the Saturn, Mega Drive, N64, Cube , 360, PS3 and DC life I'll have a hard time of making 25 exclusive game worth getting the system for with out trying to list some multi . There was still more than enough games on the system that made you happy . Same goes for the PS4 and One. Why are multi Platform games so bad ?
                                That negates your entire argument though. You could have just bought all of those games on the 360/PS3/Game 'o Tron 4000 that you already had like QC and not even bought the One.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X