No announcement yet.

Random Retro Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed Dogg. For me that's one of my most jaw dropping gaming moments, receiving my import PSP and putting on Ridge for the first time. It was absolutely mind blowing.

All this chat is forcing me - FORCING me - to get Ridge 2 on J-PSN.

Comment

Probably the best MD soundtrack in the world.
      Last edited by JazzFunk; 16-09-2015, 23:43.

Comment

Here's a fantastic video from the Giant Bomb crew where they make a Mario Maker level using live feedback from the community.

It's brilliant to watch (And I urge anyone to watch it and not want to buy the game) but gives you an insight to how genius every level is in previous Mario games.

Comment

Anyone familiar with Panzer Bandit on PS1? Seems to be the systems take on guardian heroes, though only dual plane. Worth a punt anyone?

Comment

It's no guardian heroes but deffo a good game in its own right.

Comment

Cheers Base, liked the look of the vids I watched and I've found a decently priced copy, so might give it a punt.

Comment

Love Panzer Bandit. It's not quite as in depth as Guardian Heroes but it plays really well with some great combat mechanics. Probably one of the best action titles available for the Japanese Playstation.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Anyone familiar with Panzer Bandit on PS1? Seems to be the systems take on guardian heroes, though only dual plane. Worth a punt anyone?

Absolutely, worth every penny IMO..

Comment

We maybe need to start a PS 2D thread, hot blooded family looks interesting too.

Comment

Never heard of Hot Blooded Family, what about Wolf Fang? Any experience or thoughts

Comment

Hot Blooded Family is a pretty average scrolling beat em up. Not terrible but nothing to really make it stand out from the crowd. Can't remember if I played it on Saturn or PS1 now. Japanese title is something like Nekkatsu oyako.

Comment

We maybe need to start a PS 2D thread, hot blooded family looks interesting too.
                          I started compiling a list of pixel art 2D PS1 games early last year. It turned out to be longer than I had anticipated though. Feel free to borrow any info from the topic I started on rllmuk - http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php...ing-pixel-art/

Comment

Known as Nekketsu Oyaku, a cool game on both systems but Saturn version is MUCH better, feels like a different game, a lot more moves/combos and moves better with extra animation on characters and some enemies/levels..

By Technosoft! music is good but not among their absolute best

Comment

Hot Blooded Family is actually pretty lame on PS1. The Rapid Angel is all kinds of badass though.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've never heard of Hot Blooded Family before but it looks really cool!

Fairly knowledgable bloke talking about the game here:

Comment

Working...
                                X