No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally my last jank game has been replaced, no more worn/creased/sunfaded games outstanding to be replaced now. (well until i buy a new batch of games lol)

Was suprisingly mint and reasonably priced and from ebay, Itadaki street seems to go for a higher price on Amazon Japan. Probably that dragon quest effect although momotaro dentetsu seems to hold it's price too. Maybe Japan loves board game games.

Hurrah for minty games

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Finally built them all up, the kits are wonderfully made. The laser cutting of the card is unreal how detailed it is, took a lot of patience to carefully put them together as some of the parts were so small i needed tweezers to hold them.

Some look nicer than others in the light up case.

How do i get me some of those!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        How do i get me some of those!!!!
        I got the kits and display cases from amazon japan however there are some of them on ebay too if you search paper theatre on ebay then you will see some of the ghibli ones however on ebay they are marked up a bit higher than amazon japan. Amazon japan has more choice of kits and they have the cases but you'd need a middleman to order as i don't think they do global shipping on craft stuff.

If you want the links to amazon japan to have a look then say the word.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Finally my last jank game has been replaced, no more worn/creased/sunfaded games outstanding to be replaced now. (well until i buy a new batch of games lol)

Was suprisingly mint and reasonably priced and from ebay, Itadaki street seems to go for a higher price on Amazon Japan. Probably that dragon quest effect although momotaro dentetsu seems to hold it's price too. Maybe Japan loves board game games.

Hurrah for minty games
          Is that an Itadaki Street game? I loved that on Wii. Sunk god knows how many hours in in local multi over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Is that an Itadaki Street game? I loved that on Wii. Sunk god knows how many hours in in local multi over the years.
            Yup your guess is correct it is indeed itadaki street, it's nice to have a few boardgame type games. The only one missing now is mario party ds which i'll add at some point but i enjoy itadaki more.

Comment

Not as quirky as importaku, but I picked up a cheapish US copy of Tetris DS recently. Awesome version of the game and looks great on my DSi LL.

Comment

Yeah the DS version of tetris is indeed great, my preferred version to be honest.

Comment

I talk a good game, always say sensible things like I don't need all the consoles...tonight went and purchased an Xbox again.

New TV on the way (nothing too special) but I think both this and the Pro really need a 4K screen.

Comment

One games related and one not so games related.

A new issue of house of waxwork, my new fave horror comic. Sadly the storys in it go by far too quickly but the included soundtrack to listen along to while you read makes them a fun experience.

Had this little guy preordered since last august, after one delay he finally got released. The packaging is lovely as is the figure, it was worth the wait to get Gomez in figure form. I wish there was more fez merchandise as i love the game.

Comment

Wondering why you bothered with that game lineup.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] that Fez figure is so dope. Totally agree about the game, such a stunning experience. Heres hoping PF changes his mind and just drops the sequel one day out of the blue and hits us with some more pixelated goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Wondering why you bothered with that game lineup.
                          'If' you mean me - yep the games aren't staying. They should net me around £50-60 back. Just the freebies with the console from Argos. Seemed an OK deal for what's out there atm. Tbh I still have stuff like FH3 in my library and other games that I want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                            New TV on the way (nothing too special) but I think both this and the Pro really need a 4K screen.
                            New TV arrived, and straight away notice there is bulge/bent casing at the top of the screen. TV and the box are all mint so it's not been dropped or anything but I guess sent from the factory that way. Amazon sending a replacement although I now have to return this TV.

What a pain. No 4k goodness for me in the mancave this weekend...

EDIT: Replacement turns up with a smashed screen! Based on this it just makes me think the packaging on these LG TV's isn't really up to protecting the LCD screen. So now have 2 43" TV's to return and I'm just going to go somewhere local and buy a TV. #painfulfirstworldproblems.

Last edited by Digfox; 24-02-2018, 11:40.

Comment

Volume 3 of The Untold History of Japanese Video Game Developers is out.

Looking forward to reading this.
                              I wonder if anyone has ever considered doing something like this with UK based developers?

Comment

Just read almost any issue of Retro Gamer...

Comment

Working...
                                X