The Man of Never Ending Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man of Never Ending Horror

In honour of Wes Cravens death today, as per darkangel's thread, what are your memories of his filmography and which is the best Craven directed film?
    The Last House on the Left
    0%
    The Fireworks Woman
    0%
    The Hills Have Eyes
    0%
    Deadly Blessing
    0%
    Swamp Thing
    0%
    Invitation to Hell
    0%
    The Hills Have Eyes Part II
    0%
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    0%
    Deadly Friend
    0%
    The Serpent and the Rainbow
    0%
    Shocker
    0%
    The People Under the Stairs
    0%
    New Nightmare
    0%
    Vampire in Brooklyn
    0%
    Scream
    0%
    Scream 2
    0%
    Music of the Heart
    0%
    Scream 3
    0%
    Cursed
    0%
    Red Eye
    0%
    My Soul to Take
    0%
    Scream 4
    0%

Where is Wish Master 1 to 3? Well, forget about 3 as that was crap but the first was really good. Quite liked the 2nd too.

Edit. Never mind, seems Wes was just the producer of the movie, not the writer or director.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 31-08-2015, 15:43.

Comment

The People Under the Stairs.

Watched that as a kid and it really captured my imagination; all the trap doors and hidden rooms, totally hide and seek worthy.

Comment

As much as I love Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream is just a fantastic movie and still a thrill to watch.

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street for me is just such a defining movie. It was my horror as a teenager. So that got my vote. But he has many greats. The Hills Have Eyes is an incredible movie in my opinion. It is dirty and raw and nasty. Not a fun watch but a really good one. People Under the Stairs is great too. The Scream series didn't do it for me at all - not funny enough to be a comedy and not scary enough to be a horror and the self-referential thing didn't work for me. I found New Nightmare to be much better in that regard, even though it descended towards the end.

A great body of work though and hugely influential.

Comment

Definitely The Last House On The Left. But, obviously, most influential was A Nightmare On Elm Street. And the first Wishmaster was good...campy fun and not directed by him (iirc?) but loadsa fun.

But TLHOTL was a pure, visceral thing.

Comment

I only saw the newer Hills Have Eyes and thought that was very weak.

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street is more my kind of film, but I had to vote Scream just because I grew up in the 90s and it had such a massive impact and kind of sums up the era for me.

Comment

Working...
                X