Until Dawn review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was one issue I had with the game...will spoiler just in case

early on you really need to try to get people killed...but towards the end you can lose everyone in the blink of an eye just because you didn't hold your breath on a couple of 'don't move' prompts! Can't even put the pad down cuz the vibration will fail it for you

But generally it's a great game...want to play Beyond now...but the remaster doesn't have a date.

Comment

I thought it was about time I started this game, having had it on my shelf for a couple of months.

After 3 days of on off playing, I have now finished this game and managed to save all but two members of the playable characters

the stupid 'do not move' action is annoying, as I swear I'm not moving but the heart beat vibrations shake the pad, so of course the pad will move! Duh! As such Sam dies and I have two fatalities to deal with... And I was so close to the end as well! Tbh I'm more bummed about having the timber wolf die on my watch than any of the main characters...

Overall I really enjoyed the game. Very atmospheric and compelling storyline, even if it is all cliched. There is, however, a certain charm in its predictable, yet identifiable, cinematic horror moments.

The game does grip you, and will scare the **** out of you in parts

even more fun if you have a PlayStation eye to record yourself, during the tense moments. I can't stop replaying my embarrassing jumps and screams

. The episodic nature of the game, give a nice reminder of what has gone before, which also creates a nice cliff hanger to entice you into playing that little bit longer.

It's not a game that has much replay value, but definitely a game style I would like to play more of. I kind of like the limited control I had on what was happening on screen, as it made me feel like I was being taken on a movie roller coster ride.

I definitely recommend the game to any horror fans out there...

Comment

Working...
      X