No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid V review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time flies by when I play it, this game must be good. Played for like 6 hours today. But almost didn't notice it. Want to level up my staff, to make good stuff. Got a tranq sniper and other useful stuff now.

Also, the detail of this game is insane. Use a lot of tranq, and they will start to wear helmets. Use a lot of smoke grenades and they will use Gas Masks. It forces you to change your approach now and then. Also had this awesome moment where I wanted to extract an highly skilled soldier but he was between 5 other guys. I was waiting, thinking what I should do. Throw stun nades? Use the dog on one and try to take out the rest? But a sandstorm was coming up. I got into position, choked one guy, threw the wanted guy to the ground, picked him up and ran away without the gang noticing me. These things make this game so damn good.

Also the languages used, they are authentic. I was listening to some soldier speaking Afrikaans to eachother (without having an interpreter yet) and could more or less follow what they were saying.

The cutscenes took a backseat sure, but the scenes are still there and they're pretty good. I think this is a 50 hour game with 3 hours of cutscene. The old games were like 10 hour games with 3 hours of cutscene.
    Last edited by Panta Rhei; 01-09-2015, 23:40.

Comment

I put in a few hours yesterday and wasn't sure if I was liking it or not, but there's a definite urge to keep going and do the next mission.

I'm slightly put off by the way they introduce each mission and highlight the main characters before it starts. It doesn't suit the game in my opinion. I tend to look away at that point so I can remain somewhat surprised when I enter a mission instead of knowing beforehand who I'll come up against.

I can see why some people won't like it though, as with most things in life. Didn't someone famous once say, You can't please all the people all of the time, but only some of the people some of the time.. As ever that rings true here.

I actually met one of the lead planners for the game a few times and had some interesting conversations about the series in general. I think I bought the game out of respect for that guy.

Comment

There is an amazing scene hidden on MB. At the

upper levels of the Medical Bay

. I didn't see it before, but it was pretty great.

Comment

Incredible intro and in the game the attention to detail is as phenomenal as ever. Wish all games were made this well.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
            I put in a few hours yesterday and wasn't sure if I was liking it or not, but there's a definite urge to keep going and do the next mission.

I'm slightly put off by the way they introduce each mission and highlight the main characters before it starts. It doesn't suit the game in my opinion. I tend to look away at that point so I can remain somewhat surprised when I enter a mission instead of knowing beforehand who I'll come up against.

I can see why some people won't like it though, as with most things in life. Didn't someone famous once say, You can't please all the people all of the time, but only some of the people some of the time.. As ever that rings true here.

I actually met one of the lead planners for the game a few times and had some interesting conversations about the series in general. I think I bought the game out of respect for that guy.
            Yeah the intro credits are annoying, it spoilers the game before it happens!

Comment

I'm running it on a gtx 970 and it runs perfectly fine maxed out. No problems.
              thanks mate, i got it now and so far it runs well on my i5/16GB/GTX750Ti setup too. getting mostly 1080/40+ fps with everything set to high. given this is an entry level gamer card it's pretty decent performance.

only problems i had was getting an online connection but don't think i will make much use of it anyway. so far so good.

Comment

He servers aren't up :/
                Apparently they are being maintained

Comment

It's a gorgeous game isn't it?

Comment

Couple of hours in, just started the 1st proper mission. Wow. Obviously I've got no idea what the prologue was about, it was mental. I'm hoping that will be resolved by me playing the game to its conclusion. I can only assume it will result in me creating Outer Heaven for the events of Metal Gear to happen in the future?? Would love there to be a MEGA TON surprise of actually playing Metal Gear at the end in the FOX engine......One thing is weird, I don't recall Big Boss having

scrapnel

sticking out of his head in MGS4. WTF?

It's a looker. I've been mainly looking for animals to tranc and pick them up, don't have the fulton yet. But I can myself trying to fulton a gerbil!!

Was going to tangle with a bear, thought better of it for now.....

Comment

I can top that. Surface Pro 3 with xbox controller plugged in to it lying in bed with a cup of tea on the side with some biscuits, streaming from my PC on ultra settings equals amazing.

Daughter watching minions on the main TV for the eighth time no bother!
                      Have to say that sounds pretty epic. I have to have my MGSVPP sessions at 20:00 onwards. Loving it so far the intro was unbelievable really MGS style feel. First missions take some getting used to.

Comment

Few examples here of people needing to remember spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                          It's a gorgeous game isn't it?

Wow!!
                          What format is that? Looks beautiful!!

Comment

I'm totally hooked on this. I've played 25 hours so far, I've done about 15 Missions and about 40 side-ops.
                            I'm liking the way that I'm being drip fed new equipment, abilities and buddies that can really alter the way that you play.

Interestingly the game is so open world, you can actually retcon earlier story missions that you've done if you didn't get the outcome that you would like. You can actually replay any story mission and tackle any other additional objectives that you missed or failed, improve your rank and earn any cash you haven't yet been awarded.

Comment

It's the dog's nuts. I like how Kiefer still can't say nuclear properly.

Comment

I did a mission where you have to find some weapon or rocket launcher thing. Wound up going via a deep quarry and some large base. Looked pretty epic. Then **** got weird towards the end...

Still not interested in the mother base stuff, bit of a chore.

Comment

Working...
                                X