No announcement yet.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that there's too many remakes being made of last gen games. Its time game developers stopped being lazy & made ORIGINAL, NEW GAMES!!!
    ? The developer is making a new game in the series, this is just a HD remake made by Spash while the main Team work on Part IV . Like most remakes they aren't being made at the expsense or cost of a new game in the series , but usually by a 3rd party Team while the main team work on the brand new entry or a new IP

I really don't get peoples issues or problems at all .

Comment

Anybody would think that 30fps is an exception this gen

Comment

I think we've been expecting 60fps from remakes/remasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

I really don't get peoples issues or problems at all .
          If its a remake from 2 console gens ago, & there's a huge uphall in terms of graphics & playability/controls then i have no prob. But when the difference is small (as it is in many from last gen) then imo its a waste of time, effort & money, & those developers could be working on something new & fresh. These games normally end up knocked down massively in price in a few months time. I see this being ?10 to ?15 in a few months.

Comment

2 gens ago? Did I miss an Xbox?

Comment

then imo its a waste of time, effort & money, & those developers could be working on something new & fresh
              The developer is working on a new entry in the series and the remake is not having any impact on that's all, as like most remakes or HD updates is being done by a small 3rd party; who make a living out of doing such work and woukdn't be up to the task of making a AAA epic anyway . This is just a way of giving a IP new lick of paint and getting people ready for the next entry in the series next year

And if you're no interest in HD remakes or want to play the original you can !, this remake isn't meant for the likes of those

Comment

The developer is working on a new entry in the series and the remake is not having any impact on that's all, as like most remakes or HD updates is being done by a small 3rd party; who make a living out of doing such work and woukdn't be up to the task of making a AAA epic anyway . This is just a way of giving a IP new lick of paint and getting people ready for the next entry in the series next year

And if you're no interest in HD remakes or want to play the original you can !, this remake isn't meant for the likes of those
                The issue is it isn't 60fps and it should be. Create an ultimate edition when you can achieve 60fps even if it means waiting for the next Xbox. I just don't see the point in creating a "ultimate" edition when something most people would expect isn't attainable.

Comment

The issue is it isn't 60fps and it should be
                  That's more a technical issue and I got bored of games and dvd's being called ultimate edition a long time ago . It's just a HD remake and isn't having any impact on the new Gears of War IV. Don't like it don't buy it simple as really

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I think we've been expecting 60fps from remakes/remasters.
                    It's the 2nd one this week.
                    I wonder if unreal engine isn't very well optimised for ps4/XBone
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 30-08-2015, 15:36.

Comment

Yeah I was surprised dishonoured was 30 too.

Comment

That's more a technical issue and I got bored of games and dvd's being called ultimate edition a long time ago . It's just a HD remake and isn't having any impact on the new Gears of War IV. Don't like it don't buy it simple as really
                        I really hope people don't buy them tbh, or wait until they are insanely cheap before purchasing to let the developers know that they're wasting their resources.
                        Same goes for the COD franchise. People complain but, as has been said on here, until people make a stand & stop buying then they'll keep churning it out.
                        Some people are even asking for old COD remakes from last gen for this gen. Why? 60fps? HD visuals? Like you said just buy the original for pennies instead

Comment

Some people are even asking for old COD remakes from last gen for this gen. Why? 60fps? HD visuals? Like you said just buy the original for pennies instead
                          Most COD games on the consoles don't run at 1080p so maybe some want to play COD IV in 1080P? and when you get a COD game every year the need for a remake isn't quite there imo

I really hope people don't buy them tbh, or wait until they are insanely cheap before purchasing to let the developers know that they're wasting their resources
                          EPIC and the new Team that are working on GOW IV didn't do the remake , they busy doing other things . So I don't get your issue at all. Still I guess you'll bitch about GOW IV instead :P

Comment

On Act 3 and if anything it's more peaking my interest as to whether Gears 4 will shake the formula up. It's a solid remaster and I'm enjoying it enough but the idea of a new entry where it's more of the same leaves me cold. Feels like a nostalgia is fuelling my interest, the gameplay is fairly dated and gets a bit boring if I stay on too long.

Comment

EDIT: Removed. Realised this is a review thread and there's no need to continue to be negative.

Comment

Been giving it a bit of a blast over the last few days. It all looks very nice, but there's still the odd low rez texture here and there.

My god though the AI on your team mates is atrocious. I sat watching Dom jump into a corner whilst a berserker span round and round, completely forgot to dvr it for proof. My 'team' continued to get their backside handed to them on casual.. So I suppose it's showing it's age there.

Still tremendous fun. I just need to sort out my router to get off the strict NAT I'm stuck with at the moment and get on the MP. Which I'm terrible at.

Comment

Working...
                                X