No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that SuFami box. Shame I have console revision OCD when it comes to that console now.

Comment

All I can tell you is that the RGB image off of it is outstanding Speedy.

Comment

What serial?

Comment

You can never just take anyones word for it, can you?

It's S22225152.

Comment

Oh I was just wondering. The RGB quality varies between hardware revisions but none are necessarily bad!

That serial would dictate it to be a SNS-CPU-GPM-02 board most likely. Perfect happy with my launch hardware but the 1CHIP has to be seen to be believed. So sharp!

Comment

Yeah Colin. The RGB output on my mini destroys my old SNES. It's worlds apart.

Comment

Stop raining on my parade you pair!

Comment

I'm just trying to encourage you to get the best!

Comment

If the best means having a fugly jr/mini I'm happy to take silver.

But because you have me intrigued I just found a console only 1 chip that's in crappy condition but very cheap. If it gives a substantially better picture I'll swap the boards out with the one I have. Peer pressure.
                    Last edited by Colin; 11-09-2015, 22:46.

Comment

You can get one chip Super Famicom systems, Colin.

Oh. Yes. You. Can.

Comment

Yeah, I spotted that a few days ago but I wouldn't want to make a machine with mismatching serials! hehe

Comment

Do it Colin!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Stop raining on my parade you pair!
                            Sega consoles always outputted better quality RGB any way, Nintendo never quite got it right even up to and including the Wii despite what the others claim! But RGB output does change slightly between console and revisions on the SNES later models loses some of the blur.

Oh and Colin try not to have a middle life crisis this time around sell them off and buy them back again. Just keep the damn things till you're grey and old.
                            Last edited by S3M; 11-09-2015, 23:47.

Comment

Well Sega consoles use Sony chips for outputting video (not 100% on the Dreamcast mind) - Nintendo make their own chips. You'd assume the Sony chips would do the better job.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                                Sega consoles always outputted better quality RGB any way, Nintendo never quite got it right even up to and including the Wii despite what the others claim! But RGB output does change slightly between console and revisions on the SNES later models loses some of the blur.

Oh and Colin try not to have a middle life crisis this time around sell them off and buy them back again. Just keep the damn things till you're grey and old.
                                Sadly too late on the mid life crisis, I've had four. And the grey and old also.

Picked up a console only one chip from hit Japan, decent nick, ?16. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X