Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...hmm, the Switch really is a home for going through my PC backlog most of the time it seems and Dragons Dogma is a reminder of that. I'd almost forgotten I had the PC version so I may be tempted to give the NS version a go as... well, I'll never get round to it on PC

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
      Dragon's Lair Trilogy coming to the eShop next week

Dragon’s Lair Trilogy is coming to Switch, a listing on the European eShop reveals. A release is planned for January 17. Here’s an overview for Dragon’s Lair Trilogy, along with a trailer: In Dragon’s Lair, you play the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon!...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
      Dragon's Lair has to be one of the most ported games ever, if not the most ported game ever, surely? It's pretty much available on any format that you can think of - yes, there are even Blu-Ray and DVD versions!

In any case, I don't have a massive problem with it like certain others on here do. Yes, the QTE gameplay has aged badly but it was an important arcade title for its time and the animation obviously still holds up just like it does with the sequel and Space Ace.

All that said, I'll probably pass on this. No real need or desire to play it again on my part.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-01-2019, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Dragon's Lair has to be one of the most ported games ever, if not the most ported game ever, surely?
        Ooh, that's an interesting question. I'd guess Myst or Street Fighter 2, although if you split SF2 by edition that would greatly dilute the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Ooh, that's an interesting question. I'd guess Myst or Street Fighter 2, although if you split SF2 by edition that would greatly dilute the numbers.
          SF2 would have to be up there too, for sure. I don't think the edition split would be anything like you would think though.

I could be wrong, (and can't be bothered to look it up right now) but I would be surprised if the original version of SF2, The World Warrior, wasn't the version that got ported the most, although I accept that we've seen a fair few ports of Super SF2 Turbo/X crop up in more recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Myst has seen so many ports.

I think some of the Sonic games might give it a run for its money, though.

Difficult, though, right? Because you might argue Sonic Jam doesn't count, for example.

Comment

I googled it (cheater!) and the result came up as Tetris but it seems sketchy as to how they work that out. They say it's available on most devices, which is true but not as ports, really they're usually new incarnations or reinterpretations.

Comment

Yes, they count every version of Tetris as Tetris (which I think even includes Tetris Attack which is actually a Panel de Pon game lol)

Comment

Yeah, I know Tetris is everywhere but the definition of what can be truly counted as a Tetris game is questionable (as [MENTION=11521]noobish hat[/MENTION] rightly points out) and that's not even accounting for the countless versions that were released without Alexey Pajitnov having anything to do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    How much is it, digitally? It’s £40 physical.

I’ll probably have to watch list it; it’s in my “ever £20 or never” list.
                    Full whack I imagine. Physical was $65, same for digital.

Comment

テト字ス is on sale on the J eShop until the 30th. It's like Tetris but you make Kanji with the radicals that fall from the top. I'll give my views on it tomorrow after I play it.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        テト字ス is on sale on the J eShop until the 30th. It's like Tetris but you make Kanji with the radicals that fall from the top. I'll give my views on it tomorrow after I play it.
                        You’d probably have to know Kanji to play it though, right? Give me about 18 years or so.

Comment

Apparently, a dataminer has discovered some SNES games within the latest Nintendo Online update.

Source

Games found:
                          • Super Mario Kart
                          • Super Soccer
                          • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
                          • Demon's Crest
                          • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
                          • Stunt Race FX
                          • Kirby's Dream Course
                          • Pop'n Twinbee
                          • Star Fox
                          • Contra III: The Alien Wars
                          • Kirby Super Star
                          • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
                          • Kirby's Dream Land 3
                          • Super Metroid
                          • Super Mario World
                          • Pilotwings
                          • F-ZERO
                          • Star Fox 2
                          • Super Punch-Out!!
                          • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
                          • Super Mario All-Stars
                          • Breath of Fire II

Even more, another miner claims to have discovered the emulator names running the games. 4 in total!
                          • Kachikachi (NES Classic)
                          • Canoe (SNES Classic)
                          • Hiyoko (???)
                          • Count (???)

Interesting.

Comment

Once SNES games are available I’ll stump up for the online fee

Comment

Nah; too many of them are on the SNES Mini anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                                Once SNES games are available I’ll stump up for the online fee
                                I wouldn't. I notice the input latency too much, as well as that the screen displays help text that you can't turn off.

Besides, their online service is so rubbish that even I'm cancelling after the first year is up.

Comment

Working...
                                X