User Tag List

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Played a bit of PaRappa the Rapper 1 & 2, second game greatly improves on the first I'm find nice that they both got a HD release on PS4.

Just started a replay of Syberia 2. Originally I did it on the original Xbox but this time on PC and looks even better.

Not perfect, and has its fair share of the usual traditional adventure game puzzle cliches and annoyances. But you can not fail to appreciate its charm and atmosphere when its married to refreshingly simple, quality presentation, above average voice acting (mostly) and writing, likewise with caveats.

finally nabbed myself a NEOSD with a 1slot MVS and have been paying alot of neo geo lately ...blazing star, mark of the wolves, turf masters, drift out...love it! its a pricey flashcard but worth it to play the whole library via legit hardware

Beat the slump on a replay of Shenmue 2 (replayed the first game before this) on Dreamcast. Still just a tremendous, unique, compelling game. The pace of it is so slow as to be soporific, but there's something lovely about that.

Love it.

I like how it comes on so many discs too. There's a nice feeling about pulling the Shenmue slipcases down off the shelf, pulling out the boxes, extracting the disc. It's like taking out some mighty tome! And you get to change disc quite frequently, which I always find oddly satisfying.

I've just received a NEET VGA -> HDMI converter box today (one that S3M recommended on here at some point), so looking forward to trying that out with Shenmue. I thought about an OSSC, but cheaped out - these are only 30, although they don't support RGB SCART, just VGA and component.
    Last edited by wakka; 31-01-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    B
    I've just received a NEET VGA -> HDMI converter box today (one that S3M recommended on here at some point), so looking forward to trying that out with Shenmue.
    I have a VGA>HDMI converter that I have used with my Dreamcast and the image looks really nice. Some converters don't like the Dreamcast VGA signal, so I had to send back the first couple I bought.

I've been having a Saturn fest all week after buying another Saturn[Model 1 Japanese] to add to my collection and use in my living room.

The game I've been playing today is Hang-On GP.

Good points:
    Really nice music that puts a smile on my face.
    It runs quite fast and feels smooth most of the time.

Bad points:
    The graphics are very grainy and ugly.
    The bikes sound like wasps.
    The controls feel clunky and sometimes very strange.
    The overall presentation is very bland and uninspiring.
    It seems impossible to come 1st - even on 'Easy' mode.

Despite all the bad points, I found myself actually enjoying playing it. It is, in many ways, a terrible monstrosity, but there's also an element of charm that makes me like it. It's just sad that it's so unattractive and clunky next to the majestic Super Hang-On.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 02-02-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I have a VGA>HDMI converter that I have used with my Dreamcast and the image looks really nice. Some converters don't like the Dreamcast VGA signal, so I had to send back the first couple I bought.
    I'm glad to say that it works really well too. After playing around with the settings, it gives an excellent picture

Disgaea (PC)

or

Yoshi's Island (SNES9X 2010 - RetroArch)

Which should I play?

Recca.. How the hell did they manage to produce this for the NES. Hard as nails though