No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last 2 evenings been enjoying the wagan land series of games, simple but fun platformers. The bosses are a little tricky with their japanese reliant word games but it tests my vocabulary which i enjoy. While looking online i didnt realise there was a 3rd wagan land game called wagan paradise, the graphics are so nice with a lot of charming details in each level really enjoying that one, been jumping back & forth between them.

Finally finished pang & arkanoid, snes mini save states are a lifesaver for saving between stages and coming back later. Means i can play a few stages at a time & slowly chip through them. Been savouring a lot of games like that, easier to get back into them when you dont have to start way back.
    Last edited by importaku; 22-06-2018, 10:45.

Comment

Resuming my playthrough of Persona PSP and spent far too long getting my copy of Ys IV ripped and patched with the English text/fandub.

Comment

Power Stone 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast, along with the first Marvel vs Capcom. I have a long way to go to unlock all the different weapon combinations in PS2, but overall I find the first game controls better and is a tighter experience.

Last Blade 2, Ironclad and Twinkle Star Sprites on the Neo•Geo...

Comment

Was playing the Power Stones myself last week, god a third instalment would rock.

Comment

fan translation of Policenauts Sega Saturn

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Was playing the Power Stones myself last week, god a third instalment would rock.
              It's a stupidly obvious choice for an online fighting game isn't it? I've been wishing for a Power Stone HD re-release with online play for years.

The best I can do now is Power Stone at 960p through the OSSC or 480p on a tri-sync CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                fan translation of Policenauts Sega Saturn
                This is very close to the top of my to-do list.

Comment

Flippin’ loved Power Stone. Really surprised me as a new concept for fighting games. Amazing that (to my knowledge) there’s been nothing much like it since.

(Just realised that I haven’t played it, or any other Dreamcast games since 2001. Weird feeling to think it was all so long ago.)

Comment

It's still as pretty and playable as it was 17 years ago!

One of the main reasons I wanted wireless dreamcast pads and a 31kHz monitor.

Comment

Just realised it was released 19 years ago!

I feel so old...

Comment

First time I saw a Japanese Dreamcast running VF3tb I wasn’t overly impressed... the next time was a couple of months later, another import system, and a copy of Power Stone. The guy in the shop let me have a go and that was it, I was absolutely blown away.

I still can’t believe Capcom have just sat on the series and let it die, it really does need an online sequel...

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          This is very close to the top of my to-do list.
                          Same, was thinking I should get round to this only yesterday

Comment

Attempted another shot at trying to like The Super Shinobi/The Revenge of Shinobi. I mean, I like it, just not like it. It's part of every Mega Drive collection I've had as an essential, and there's a lot I think positive about it, but... Just don't get on with it. Often feels rather robotic and stiff, and the double-jump is a nightmare, can never reliably pull it off. It's one of those games I admire, but have very little fun actually playing. Think I need to belatedly get round to trying The Super Shinobi II/Shinobi 3 at last...

Comment

I tried it again a few years back and couldn’t get on with it, far too clunky.

Yet when it was released I played it to death, but I think that was because I had invested £50 in it and had to play it because I wanted my money’s worth. It ensured I saw it through to the end though! (Although probably not the good ending of the game)

Comment

Content-wise, Super Shinobi is better, but for fun, I always played MD Shadow Dancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X