Them Quirky PS2 Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them Quirky PS2 Titles

Any recommendations for quirky and playable PS2 Games.
    Language is an issue...don't mind story, as long as the game is playable (no rpgs though!)

Last time I had a Japanese PS2, I played a few rhythm games and a good few 'simple' release titles...partying girls and stuff like that, not the best games ever, but fun and generally cheap.

I'll look at videos and pictures, but, please feel free to add info with game title.

My Japanese PS2 arrived today :-)

I'm on my phone so no video, but I recommend Gundam Seed Destiny: OMNI vs ZAFT 2. Bit of a mouthful.

The series it is based on divides fans, but the game is excellent, even if you're not a Gundam fan.

Among my favourite PS2 games that didn't get a wider release.

Comment

Thanks Asura...i'll literally look and try anything...even if its not a cheaper title...I'm happy to buy 1-2 games and invest time into them.
      I'm going to watch a video of that now

Any Genre will do, apart for dating sims! and rpgs....anything that you can play regardless of a story in Japanese.

Comment

I loved Kuri Kuri mix (Jap) aka the adventures of cookie and Cream (US). Great fun in co-op and a devil game single player.

If you are not playing it in co-op mode you control the left character with your left stick and right character with the right. It messes with your head as co-coordinating the 2 characters through the levels gets really tricky.

Have you played Godhand?

Comment

I like the look of that! Yes, I've played godhand, but not for sometime now...

Comment

God Hand is incredible. The Japanese release is a nice package, comes with a soundtrack disc.

Comment

Gregory Horror Show?

Comment

There was a bonkers looking game someone posted a video of on here ages ago which I meant to pick up but forgot about. Can anybody tell me the title? It was a mini-game affair (think Come On Baby) but featured a bunch of women.

As for quirky recommendations, the PS2 sequel to PC Engine snap'em-up Photo Boy , Gekisha Boy 2 is worth picking up.

EDIT: Now I've started thinking about PS2 games I meant to pick up, there's another I forgot about. Can anybody remember the name of a PS2 third person shooter with FMV? Again, I think the cast were all femaile and again, it looked like a lot of fun but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I should start keeping some kind of wants list haha.

EDIT#2: ok, I've figured out the first. It was Super Galdelic Hour
                EDIT#3: And the second. Combat Queen.

Well, that was fun.
                Last edited by Jay; 14-08-2015, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  Gregory Horror Show?
                  I was going to say the same. Awesome game. Unnerving too.

Also: Killer 7

Comment

mr mosquito
                    switch
                    polaroid pete

Comment

Plenty to go at here already. Thank You Guys :-)

Comment

I think the Simple 2000 series has quite a few quirky titles that Monkey Juggle might be able to fill you in on better as he almost had a full set IIRC...might even still have a few??

Neil

Comment

Mad Maestro is a fun music game.

Comment

Guitaroo Man was an amazing rhtyhm music game/button masher hell game. Hard as hell, takes nerves of steel to get through the later levels, but it's an insane crazy game with great music! For sure one of my favourite games of that era and I still play it today!

Pewdiepie has a fantastic video of the first two levels:

Comment

Yeah Gitaroo Man is good too. I played that one on PSP.

Comment

Working...
                              X