No announcement yet.

Them Quirky PS2 Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was it on psp? Was it a sequel or was it a straight port?

Comment

Straight port as I recall. Played it all the way through, very enjoyable. Years ago now though. I don't think there's any difference between the PS2 and PSP versions that I can remember, maybe I'm wrong though.

Comment

Katamari Damacy too!

Skip to 2:00 minutes and you will get the gist.

Play this tune - one of the best songs ever in a game?

Last edited by 'Press Start'; 14-08-2015, 16:03.

Comment

Lots of good suggestions already, several of which had english releases.

Chulip and Boku no Natsuyasumi occured to me and Switch seems intriguing as well.

Comment

Fantavision is awesome. Launch title and not exactly obscure but superb fun and rarely mentioned.

Comment

I still need to dig into my copies of Vib Ripple and Mojib Ribbon. They'll be pointless without knowledge of Japanese but I'll try damn it.

Comment

Are Amplitude and Frequency quirky enough?
                I never got into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing but the games where it all began are brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I still need to dig into my copies of Vib Ripple and Mojib Ribbon. They'll be pointless without knowledge of Japanese but I'll try damn it.
                  Vib Ripple doesnt require any Japanese at all, but you may need a digital camera from the same era. Its not going to get your photos from dropbox or anything...

Mojib Ribbon is playable without any language but will not have any appeal whatsoever. I'd say you need to be beyond fluent to appreciate it properly (i.e. native speaker)

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    Are Amplitude and Frequency quirky enough?
                    I never got into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing but the games where it all began are brilliant.
                    That's pretty irksome, I'm sure you mean from the developer's perspective, because they most certainly did not start the rhythm game genre. That was Parappa, and Konami expanded it into peripherals with all the Bemani titles. Before those other titles we had Space Channel 5 and many others.

Comment

Definitely Boku no Natsuyasumi 2. I'll have a look through what I'm selling and pop you a list if you want? Probably some quirky stuff in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        That's pretty irksome, I'm sure you mean from the developer's perspective, because they most certainly did not start the rhythm game genre. That was Parappa, and Konami expanded it into peripherals with all the Bemani titles. Before those other titles we had Space Channel 5 and many others.
                        Yes, I am quite aware they didn't invent the rhythm genre of games so no need to get irked.

Comment

There are a couple I like andy, but...I'm honestly broke...don't get me wrong, I've had a good run of late with selling a few things, but, I put literally everything into getting a few consoles and games, and I've overdone it, and am skint....next week, I'm buying Speedlolitas N64..

maybe soon if you still have them, defo like the simple volleyball as I've played that before..had a couple of love smash games too, but didn't see any on your list.....
                          Last edited by ShadowDancer; 16-08-2015, 18:05.

Comment

I'm in no rush matey. I'll look through my stuff I'm keeping next time I'm at my folks and see what quirky stuff is in that pile.

Comment

What! 3 pages in and no mention pf para para paradise you people disgust me lol.

You want weird, you want quirky. Behold the joys of para para, probably one of the most fun music games on PS2 i used to play an ungodly amount of hours on this game to the point i could do every song on parapara mode. You need to shed your masculinity as there's no way you can pull off any routine without looking fruity fabulous but it's so much fun

This is the controller it works suprisingly well to replicate the arcades sensors.

And this is some of the arm flailing fun you can have, this is all the songs from the PS2 ver (first acade ver)

The arcade is truly a sight to behold. Coming across the arcade version in London i was fixed to the spot staring at it's neon glowing pink delights, i needed to play. I have no hesitation of making a spectacle of myself for a quid lol.
                              Last edited by importaku; 16-08-2015, 20:45.

Comment

Funny you should mention that importaku, because I own Para Para but because of the size of the box I keep it with console/PC part boxes and completely forget I own it.

Comment

Working...
                                X