PES 2016 Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the Demo so far, full release September 16th.

Professional Level 1 passing,

PROS:

3 levels of passing Assistance welcome Instead of 5,

Hexagon is back,

Can see player faces in the squad menu,

A.I good and bad, seen keepers do great and terrible stuff but off the ball runs are even more dynamic. Defence A.I needs work,

Extra animations like appealing for fouls are great,

Finally injuries are in,

More weight to players,

Physically, Aerial battles feels great,

Passing feels nice,

Speed wise I do not think it is too fast generally,

Stamina bug fixed yey!

Individuality has sublte improvements,

Boot and kit detail is nice and detailed, get editing on PS4 will look amazing.

CONS:

Still nowhere near enough fouls Konami need to sort pronto and the refs, less stupid cards

Graphics could be better possibly lighting good but hope will improve on final release,

New menu icons on squad are a bit strange, odd holding down x to move a player.

Sometimes keepers could do better on shots,

High through balls a bit overpowered seem too accurate,

New camera angle not bad does no zoom in enough for my liking I'll stick with Pitchside
    Last edited by JU!; 13-08-2015, 18:23.

It's pretty slick in the way it controls. Maybe as good as it's ever been. The demo has left me wanting more. I agree on the fouls. Some look like fouls and the ref seems to not see them. I'd say this can happen in real life, but not this often. My only other gripe right now is playing the CPU can be a bit bland. This is something I don't do when I get a footy game anyway. I tend to solely play online. Thankfully, the net code on 2015 was pretty sweet.

Looks like I'll be getting both footy games again. FIFA for my official fix and PES coz I'll always have semi in my heart for it :P
    Last edited by hudson; 17-08-2015, 11:45.

Comment

I've played a lot of the demo and really like it. It seems to be the first genuinely good PES of the HD era. Smooth, playable, responsive, great animation and a generally decent feel.

Poor physical play is still an issue and it's just too easy to win, even on Superstar.

I'm tempted to purchase this year.

Comment

The best flowing Football game I played in years and the best 3D football since This Is Football PS2 series . Think I'll get both football Fifa and Pro this year , its just a shame Pro lack FIFA teams/presentation and commentary system as this is a better football game to play

Comment

Agree with all the above really. Plays a great game of fluid footy and most stuff I think is brilliant really enjoy the contextual touches players make and foul relations the most for PES 2016. Think individuality still needs to be slightly more pronounced.

Hopeful A.I will be more aggressive/varied in the full game.

FIFA and PES always have good points and bad points as others have said if they were allowed the full license think it would be nice to see an even match up I really don't understand too as surely the Premier League and UEFA etc get more money if they get paid by PES and FIFA the mind boggles. The Same happens in real football I suppose see BT Sport rinsing all the Champions League which I find unreliable they are allowed to Monopolise the showing of that.

Around the presentation not sure why they cannot raise he atmosphere in PES to mimick a real match it is very weird. Especially regards to crowd in matches like Semi Finals and Finals plus Derby matches aka Milan Internationalze for example the atmosphere should be racaus.
          Last edited by JU!; 20-08-2015, 21:10.

Comment

I've seen some good shoulder to shoulder play and decent aerial battles so far, liking it. Agree that I can barely get a foul yet get yellow cards all over the shop....and keepers still throw the ball directly to opponents now and again like 2015.

1080p makes a big difference to the looks on Xbone too, great sheen.

Comment

This is Football? Really? My word.

Good chance I might get this but after going back to Fifa I can feel how arcade like and almost simplistic this is. That doesn't mean it isn't a lot of fun and playable though. I just want more from my football games.

Comment

Amusing review. Looking forward to eventually picking this up.

Comment

I might buy the Japanese version of this so I can play as Japan.

Comment

But you won't be able to have friendlies with me?

Comment

I don't have a console you use!

Comment

Nakas... It is time...

Comment

Nah. Sadly none of the football games interest me enough to buy a new console.

Comment

This IS brill. After playing the Fifa 16 trial which just doesn't seem to improve much this year I've decided to risk this instead and I have to say it's paid off. Apart from the usual license issue and the already out of date teams (will there be an update?) I have to say it plays very good. The passing spot on, it's responsive, and the shooting doesn't feel scripted. Fifa's a better looking game all round but when you're actually playing football I'd say this looks better.

Konami have acquired the Euro 2016 license (!) so hopefully that will convert some of the mainstream back to Pro Evo gameplay, it just needs to time to adjust back. I tried Fifa after playing this and it made me dislike Fifa more.

Comment

I actually thought PES is better looking than Fifa though lacks presentation.

Comment

Working...
                              X