No announcement yet.

Rare Replay Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Finished Conkers Bad Fur Day. Not one crash but Jet Pack did crash once

Comment

I like this collection, particularly the retro tv filter. Jet pac is great too. Simple but fun

Comment

I find the Retro TV filter to be awful. Even when I would play my Master System on a 14" via RF it never looked as bad as the filters seem to make the speccy games look.

Finished Conkers, now playing Jet Force Gemini and actually liking it thanks to the new modern control system. Once this is done I'm off to compete Perfect Dark. This Rare disc is fantastic. Still think Battle Toads is a Sack of turtles wanna be crap though

Comment

Great presentation and collection, was only really interested in the Spectrum games to be honest.

Don't think the retro filter is too bad, it's just a bit too OTT.

For some reason I thought you had to rebuild the rocket every level in JetPac, guess I was wrong.

Atic Atac, Sabrewulf, Knightlore, Gunfright all really show their age as expected, but would love for the first two to be remastered for the latest consoles.

Comment

I finally got round to playing this, loving it so far but why on earth are the Jet Force Gemini controls so bad? I know they're trying to emulate what it was like on the N64 but the 2nd stick should really be used as a camera control and not for jumping. I am being thick or is there a way of changing this?

Comment

IIRC the patch released a week or so ago addressed this issue by adding an option to make it more sane in one of the options menus.

Comment

The Jet force controls have been fixed as I mentioned earlier in this thread. Select the modern control option or whatever its called. The right analogue stick will now control the camera and holding the top left shoulder button while running let's to aim much easier. I'm just getting the last part of the ship now. Just need to rescue 2 more of those bear things to get it. Then it's off to kick the end of game boss.

Comment

Good luck with that...

Has anyone gone all the way round the original JetPac game yet? Im only 31%. I must suck

Comment

Slalom is awesome.

Not so keen on the memory / exploring games (atic atac / sabre wulf etc) - thought I was going to really like them.

There so so so much gaming here. You could buy this and have enough to play for a year.

Comment

Great thing is though, 30 year old maps available online already to help play through them
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Heheh. I never enjoyed using guides either.

Comment

Working...
                        X