Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atic Atac

Comment

Without doubt the best games compilation of all-time. So many amazing games, many of which still stand up amazingly well today. Blast Corps is such a great little game, amazing that they never did a sequel. It's begging for a sequel on modern hardware. All the N64 games seem to be running at a much better/solid framerate than the originals too, which is a definite bonus.

Comment

Some of the music in these games is amazing. Blast Corp, Killer Instinct Gold, Banjo, Conker, the list goes on.

Really enjoying Killer Instinct Gold, but it seems really hard.

Comment

Perfect Dark has the best soundtrack.

Comment

Speaking of which, does the version on this collection 'cross-play' with the XBLA version on 360? I'll sign up for a month of Live if people fancy some games.

Comment

Ace collection and so wish RARE would make Conkers 2 . What the R&D tech team did with the Conckers N64 and XBox engine was incredible

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Atic Atac
                Out of curiosity, what are these challenges/leaderboards for then?
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There are 5 challenges ("snapshot") for each game - there's a snippet of the game and a target (e.g. in Jet Pac, wrap around the screen 5 times without dying, timed, or fill the rocket with fuel with a broken gun, etc.). For people that like achievements, it's a wet dream.

Comment

Not sure they should give achievments just for starting a game, we should work for them, love this though, but the spectrum games take me back to when i was a kid, playing them them, i dont remember them being so short, 5 mintues of Sabre wolf and 10 % complete.

Im sure thay were great when i was a kid, or where they we had nothing else to compare then, but i cant seem to enjoy them much on here. as much as try

Comment

I'd imagine that's why Rare added these Snapshot challenges, so that there's something additional there to do.

I think Atic Atac still has its charm mind.

Shame Cyberun wasn't included in the collection, though that may well be down to licensing issues with US Gold.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 05-08-2015, 11:16.

Comment

Had this since Monday but will get to play it this evening finally
                        Been really looking forward to this,Blast corps here i come

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                          Not sure they should give achievments just for starting a game, we should work for them, love this though, but the spectrum games take me back to when i was a kid, playing them them, i dont remember them being so short, 5 mintues of Sabre wolf and 10 % complete.

Im sure thay were great when i was a kid, or where they we had nothing else to compare then, but i cant seem to enjoy them much on here. as much as try
                          Same with emulation nothing like playing on the original hardware back in the day.

Take it with this collection there are save points unlike on the Spectrum originals, I do love Atic Atac and Sabre Wulf etc so will pick this up later in the week.

Comment

You can quit to the Rare Reply menu at any time by holding the menu button for a few seconds and it autosaves. I haven't tried it mid-game though.

Comment

a fantastic package! I played some of the spectrum stuff (as i had been playing them on the psp recently) and they were brilliant. love the presentation of everything too

Comment

Anyone tried Jet Force Gemini yet? Am I the only person in the world that likes that game?

Comment

Working...
                                X