Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 3

A shop is pushing a deceptive message, and aligning themselves to a demographic I find dangerous and harmful. They are now openly taking the piss out of their customers, and as such, I don't want to spend my money there. I don't understand how you're such an expert in my business to know that this is going to inconvenience me personally, despite my saying otherwise, but it comes across as a bizarrely apologist stance. If you think my motives are trivial, that it's not going to change anything, or just that I'm being a twat, all of that is absolutely fine by me, but I'm just surprised you're so intent on trying to tell me to give up on my principles.

Comment

I'm not apologising for them at all, nor what they've done. I'm just surprised that anybody would take it as personally as you seem to be. What they've done is immature but choosing that to take a stand on instead of crap customer service and inflated prices seems a bit silly. I'm not intent on getting you to do anything (and arriving at that conclusion raises its own questions) but dismissing an entire company you've shopped with for years on the basis of some very recent social media activity seems reactionary at best.

As for "being an expert in your business", that's obviously not the case and I made no claim to be. In your e-mail, you state the following:

- You've spent an estimated ?13,000 with them in the past
      - That you're no longer going to do business with them

Going on those two facts alone, you're foreverclosing an avenue of importing that you've used extensively in the past, based on tweets. Tweets. I could understand leaving them if it was something as serious as a VGP-style security breach and cover-up but standing on principle for such a minor issue boggles the mind, especially when they have so many other problems that have driven repeat custom away.

Comment

My main concern with DOAX3 at the moment is that I still couldn't recite any information about its gameplay. I enjoyed DOAX fairly, DOAX2 less so.

Comment

Whereas I would say that at least when VGP ****ed up, it was down to incompetence, which they then went about trying to address. Here, there's continued malice and a complete lack of respect for their customers. I have a lot more sympathy for the former. You seem to care as well that this unfolded by tweets, but the medium doesn't really make any difference to me. Should I be waiting for an email, or perhaps a banner ad on their site about the PC menace before taking issue?

So yes, I've spent money there, but no, I've not being doing it very often at all over the last two years, which is why it's no skin off my teeth to try and avoid doing it wherever I can in future. You've seen me say as much elsewhere, but you're still fixated on how I'm going to be inconvenienced. I appreciate the concern, but even if I am in any way, I'm sure I'll be able to cope. Maybe this is my own fault for sharing it in the first place, but the figure in that email was not for people to make assumptions about my buying habits, but to illustrate the that the "people who find terms like 'SJW' offensive don't buy games" line is utter bollocks.

Lastly, I'm really not taking it as personally as you seem to think I am. I saw something that I thought was not cool, I wrote an email later that day and have made a couple of posts since, and I'm getting on with life just fine. I actually had a little chuckle to myself when I picked up a package for my gf this morning and it was from Play-Asia. Sadly, the thing I'm taking most personally is this conversation, and having someone I like picking at my choices for what is seemingly no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            I'm not busting at the crotch over CG ladies, but if I did see women who looked so marvelous in real life, I certainly would be.
            Amazingly there are people who find this perfectly natural, human impulse offensive and objectionable. Interestingly, these same people often seem quite keen on promoting other, equally natural, human impulses.

We're all animals, we all like sex. I really don't understand why that is such a problem for so many people and why vast swathes of the population of the world seem so committed to encouraging us all to pretend otherwise. Whether they be ignorant homophobes who want to 'pray the gay away' or demented feminists who think that hetrosexual men have committed a hate crime by simply existing, it really is strange. What good ever came out of suppressing the desire for consensual sex?

Comment

I just read the PA Twitter thread on that, it's like Gamergate Redux... so many over-reacting idiots... the message was wonky, but it's certainly provoked a typical response...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Whereas I would say that at least when VGP ****ed up, it was down to incompetence, which they then went about trying to address.
                VGP didn't really do that though, they kept quiet about the breach until their customers kicked up a stink about it. I closed my account there at the time and had several posts on Facebook concerning their course of action deleted. They did not handle it at all well.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Lastly, I'm really not taking it as personally as you seem to think I am. I saw something that I thought was not cool, I wrote an email later that day and have made a couple of posts since, and I'm getting on with life just fine. I actually had a little chuckle to myself when I picked up a package for my gf this morning and it was from Play-Asia. Sadly, the thing I'm taking most personally is this conversation, and having someone I like picking at my choices for what is seemingly no reason.
                It's not for no reason really, I was just curious about why you've chosen to draw a line in the sand here when they've become such a bad place to shop for reasons I'd consider to be much worse than a boneheaded use of the term "SJW". I'm not going to pretend that use of that term doesn't have major connotations toward something we've thankfully managed to ignore on this forum though. I can only guess that you have stronger feelings about that topic than I do, which is fair enough. (And not to say that I disagree with you.) I hope you don't take any of what I've posted as a personal attack, or as me pointlessly needling you about it. As I say, I rarely shop there much these days either!

Comment

New DLC announced today apparently you can now tug and snap the swimsuits? Saw it in the RSS feed I have of random gaming news.

Comment

I couldn't work out why Fuse and DVT were arguing, but it's from 3 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I couldn't work out why Fuse and DVT were arguing, but it's from 3 years ago!
                      Yeah, and in retrospect, the game never did see a western release. I honestly thought it would get a digital one, quietly, about a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        New DLC announced today apparently you can now tug and snap the swimsuits? Saw it in the RSS feed I have of random gaming news.
                        This is for Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, not Xtreme 3 unfortunately. VV has seen a lot of updates which include new characters, but the PS4 game has been left for dead a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          This is for Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation, not Xtreme 3 unfortunately. VV has seen a lot of updates which include new characters, but the PS4 game has been left for dead a long time ago.
                          I'm at work so rather than clicking the link, what's the difference? Is VV a free-to-play version or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I'm at work so rather than clicking the link, what's the difference? Is VV a free-to-play version or something?
                            I'll just quote some website:

"Venus Vacation is a Japan-only free-to-play PC title based on Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. The core of the game is to spend Festival Points (FP) to play volleyball matches in order to win items and points. FP recharge over time but can also be fully restored with an item the player can win in game or with DMM's paid currency, but they are also restored when the player level up their account."

Too much hassle for me to bother with personally. You gotta jump through hoops just to be able to download it.

Comment

Working...
                            X