Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have preordered this. Lol.

Comment

So the Saikyou package is $399 at Play-Asia...

Comment

The game will also be coming out in Asian markets, only this version will include English subs

Comment

Boom. This will mean dating sim elements aren't messed up.

Comment

[UPDATE 2] Koei Tecmo has issued an official statement regarding the entire debacle. Here's their statement [UPDATE 1] We've learned that the Koei Tecmo Europe official Twitter account has addressed…

The studio has said there are no plans for a western release due to fear of backlash following the recent debates about female representation

Comment

After playing the second game recently I have no idea how it was localised at all honestly. Seems like a smart decision. What a ridiculous game.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/no-pla...ears-backlash/

The studio has said there are no plans for a western release due to fear of backlash following the recent debates about female representation
                They might say that - but I'm a bit cynical about it. They were very angry when DOA5 on PC was hacked to allow for fan-made clothing, because it killed the demand for their (apparently) very expensive DLC.

Comment

PS4's activity and social media feeds would be a goldmine of disapproval with this.

I want to like the series for having a defiant sense of fun but the PSP game is one of the few I can recall that have managed to make me feel creepy and uncomfortable.

Comment

The series is a serious representation of the sleezy approach Japan has to young girls imo.

Comment

It's an interesting development, though - because the game is being released in English, in Asia (I had a look at one of the news sites reporting it). If they're doing an English localisation anyway, it's odd, because in this digital age, if you have a niche product, and you have a localised version of the game... Well, that's usually reason enough to just go for it. The bulk of the work has been done.

I suspect the concern about a media storm is genuine, but I also believe it'll be flanked by comparatively poor sales of the DLC for Dead or Alive 5 and its freemium partner. The whole "media backlash" angle doesn't stop Senran Kagura, which is far more explicit than DoA.

Comment

Yeah but that's anime.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Yeah but that's anime.
                          And DoA is not particularly realistic-looking CGI - I don't quite see your point.

Comment

Really? Consider an audience that consumes less anime and video games than you.

Comment

Heh, are people really proposing a boycott of Play-Asia over their responses about this on social media? I can think of much better reasons to boycott them instead.

Comment

What happened with P-A? They refuse to sell the game to westeners?

Comment

Working...
                                X