Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which highly rated retro games did you dislike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Soccer is indeed brilliant and Sensible in 3D.

Comment

Oh hang on. I should point out here that I hated all versions of sensible soccer. And Cannon Fodder. And Worms.

Never 'clicked' with any of these games. Pretty much the only reason I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Surprised to not see any love for Sega Worldwide Soccer - that seemed to get a lot of praise at the time.
        I don't think it plays a good game of football tbh .Its very basic and so limited , just that it looked really good at the time . I happen to think Fifa 96 on the Saturn played better than SWW on the Saturn

Comment

Back on Topic and to with Football. I never liked and could never understand when Actual Soccer was so well reviewed and received. The game played rubbish and had one of the worst control inputs and methods for any football I can think of .

Comment

The first was also broken. You could score just by hitting the ball high into the corner. Keeper had no animation to dive top corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Olympic soccer was just ultimate soccer/striker in 3d, great game. "He took the man, not the ball".

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Olympic Soccer is the closest anyone ever got to a Sensible Soccer 3D game . The game looks like utter crap, but plays like a dream and is such a fun game and well made game. Special Mention must go to the audio music tracks, they're so good they're worth getting the game for on their own
              I love football games, so really missed out not buying this one. I like the idea that it was all about gameplay and not flashy graphics. It gives me hope that it'll still be fun to play. I'll be picking up a copy soon.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-09-2015, 19:36.

Comment

Virtua Tennis. Whilst I never hated it, I made no secret I didn't love it either but having gone back to it at Play Expo, I concede I got it wrong. It's immense fun in multiplayer and it left me wanting more.

Comment

Working...
                X