Rocket League (PS4/PC/XBONE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocket League (PS4/PC/XBONE)

Got this for free being a PS Plus subscriber. I was going to just click on download and then cancel it as I was prepared to judge it by its cover and assume it wasn't going to be up to much. "Cars playing football", I thought.. "Just played it in my head and it wasn't for me". Silly me.

I think I saw some positive review scores being tweeted about, so I gave it a whirl. I'm so glad I did, as it is great. Amusing and really playable. Addictive too.

From what I've played so far (I'm mainly playing online with randoms - 3v3/2v2), the game doesn't rely on annoying weaponry, but on how tactical and nimble you are at the wheel of your vehicle. Acrobatics can also come into it too. You'll see opponents and team mates jump, propel and flip/barrel roll across the stadium in hilarious, but heroic fashion in order to attack and defend. There's a boost (limited - drive over boost replenishing pads) button which you use to spray yourself across the ground or air. To take to the air, one must get some speed, press jump (comes as standard) and then adjust your vehicles pitch and then boost. It definitely requires some practice, thanks to the physics.

There's offline seasons, online ranked matches and a level up and gain aesthetic collectibles system i.e. Cars, aerials, hats(!) and paint jobs.

Deffo worth a blast in my opinion.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I've enjoyed what I've played of it. Tried playing online last night and it was really laggy though.
    I'm not sure how much longevity the game has, I've done an offline season and played a few online games and its been good.

Comment

This is massive, massive fun in 2P local. Good game that reminds me of other abstract sports-based titles like Cosmic Smash.

Comment

Great game.

create a list of players?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Great game.

create a list of players?
          I've made it so

Comment

tonight, a beautiful double save.. must have been 1 pixel left onthe ball outside the goal before i nudged it out!!

Comment

Haha my word that was close and epic [emoji23]

Comment

Had to show case this one, another double save but it the 2nd save with the use of turbo to fly and touch the ball onthe to post! If only i could get Neuer picture sticker for my bonnet.

Comment

This looks brilliant. Any word of it coming to Xbox one?

Comment

Wasn't going to bother with this...but it really does look great!

Downloading now (the patch is 500meg bigger than the game!)

Comment

Anyone know what's the golden symbol/icon that appears next to some of my customise parts? Not the exclamation mark

Comment

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          This looks brilliant. Any word of it coming to Xbox one?
                          Quite possibly:
                          we?re open to coming to more platforms. It?s all about time, demand, and resources
                          Although Super acrobatic rocket cars was a ps3 exclusive so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!
                            so many leaping salmon

Comment

I've found hanging back a little from the main pack-attack makes it easier to get set up. And switching between camera settings is also useful. That was Chaos mode BTW.

3v3

Comment

Working...
                              X