No announcement yet.

What do you expect from Nintendo NX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you expecting from the Nintendo NX?

Cheaper than WiiU with backwards compatibility and a similar name to confuse buyers with the different controller propositions.

What form do you expect the hardware to take?

Not one that will be under the TV in my living room.

Comment

I'm expecting it to be a giant Amiibo the way things are going.

Comment

4 Gamecubes duct taped together.

Seriously though there is only one way Nintendo can go and if they do follow my concept then it will not only be amazing for the gamers but also quite a few other demographics as it could change the game - literally, ready?

They create a decently powerful console that is easy to code/port for, stick to download only releases to keep the costs to purchase low and, most importantly, give it an open structure so anyone can develop for it and release games via their online store. Coders can pay a little bit more and have a "Nintendo Seal" that means their code has been ran through, tested and tweaked to make it the best it can be by the Nintendo team.

The revenue sharing will bring new blood to gaming sector and give the true talent a real opportunity to shine based purely on gameplay and word of mouth along with having the ability to crowd fund larger projects.

They will probably do something different but this would be an amazing approach...

Comment

I'd agree with you except I've seen their digital prices. With no.way of.finding my own bargains they'd need to sort their prices out.

Comment

Not a damn thing.

Comment

I expect the games to be fantastic, whatever the hardware.

Comment

It would be awesome to see a console that had power to be on par with ps4, and have a focus on VR technology. A proper 3D mario title on launch.

Super Mario VR World.

Comment

What are you expecting from the Nintendo NX? What form do you expect the hardware to take?

I expect an exceptionally small home console for its capabilities. Something smaller than an Alienware Alpha would be nice. Visually, it will have universal appeal and not look like a game console. I expect it to be backwardly compatible with everything they've done before but I don't know how they'll do it! The controller will incorporate the vitality sensor.

What titles do you expect at launch, and major hitters during the console's lifespan?

3D Mario and Metroid at launch. Mario Golf the following spring (assuming Christmas launch,) and F-Zero.

What else do you think we'll see?

Companion apps for first party games on smart devices.

Comment

What are you expecting from the Nintendo NX? What form do you expect the hardware to take?

A console. A lot of exclusive games. Third parties won't develop for it outside of the launch window. No FIFA, no COD, no GTA, and no other hardcore games like those.

What titles do you expect at launch, and major hitters during the console's lifespan?

New Mario, New Zelda, no Mario Kart or Smash outside of ports.

What else do you think we'll see?

People complaining about it.

Comment

I expect Nintendo to make a super powerful console that is so powerful... they have to sell it at a major loss.

Then I expect a truly incredible 3D Mario game. Brilliant new editions of Metroid, Pilotwings, Wave Race, F-Zero etc...

Nintendo to invest tons of cash into creating new studios full of top creatives. Make an online service that is comparable to Xbox Live. They also need to embrace third parties and get Konami to make a Japanese Castlevania and a new Contra game. Working with Capcom would also be a good move. Maybe work with a top driving sim developer to make a racer that competes with Forza & Gran Turismo. Also, they need to get chummy with Square Enix. Lastly, they should embrace and invest in indie developers.

If they do all of that, it might restore faith in Nintendo again. Of course, the company doesn't like to spend money. But spending big is the only way Nintendo can have a chance of coming back strong in the console market.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-07-2015, 05:12.

Comment

I expect it to be nintendos last ever console

Comment

Only if Iwata's successor capitulates to their crazy shareholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            Only if Iwata's successor capitulates to their crazy shareholders.
                            You would've thought that NCL would've been buying back company shares by now (if they're not already trying to do so?) to safeguard against such a possibility.

Comment

Bit of a thread necro, but based on all the recent little bits of information since I made this thread back in July, I want to adjust my prediction:

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Personally, I'm expecting NX to be a new console platform that merges handheld and home consoles into a single package. Either it's a home console and a handheld that can run the same software, or, more likely, it's a handheld with a docking station, or something along the lines of the PSVita TV mini-console. Due to this, I'm expecting it to be a lower hardware spec than the PS4; somewhere between the WiiU and the PS4 in raw power. The increases in spec will be mainly focused on those things which make life easier for developers, such as increased memory. The machine will feature day-one support for engines such as Unity and Unreal.

Now, I'm expecting the NX is going to be a Nintendo service rather than a console platform. It'll be like a Nintendo Netflix. I believe Nintendo will release a home base unit and a handheld for it (similar, in spirit, to the Vita/VitaTV) but those machines exist to run the NX service, not the other way around.

Here's the curveball; the NX service will run on other devices, including the WiiU and potentially even the 3DS. The games will be stratified to include different hardware "tiers", where naturally stuff of the GBA/SNES tier will run on everything, but some games will require more powerful hardware. It may even run on smart devices like tablets.

Although you'll be able to buy stuff, the system will mainly be monetised by a combination of a monthly fee, and stuff you can pay for in-game for certain titles.

Comment

Working...
                              X