God of War 3 Remastered PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God of War 3 Remastered PS4 review

Kratos is back in 1080p 60fps.Another remaster hits the PS4 again,introducing Kratos to next gen.
    An amazing game on the PS3 and looks,feels and plays better on the PS4.
    Graphics are really crisp with great lighting and colours.A special mention must go to the 60fps gameplay,boy does this feel smooth and fresh.The graphics and feel of the gameplay backed up with some truly gigantic boss battles and level scale is excellent.
    A worthy add on to the PS4 collection even if it's a remaster.If you're a GOW fan or new to the series,you'll won't go wrong with this version.In my opinion definitely not a Kratos Kash in
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Not bothering with this, GoW has had its day for me, couldn't even be bothered to finish Ascension. This is a pretty unnecessary remaster for me, can't believe they didn't even include 1 & 2!

Didn't the original GoW3 run at 60fps anyway? I might be wrong there though.

Comment

Received this today from TheGameCollection and have played an hour so far.

It's funny. In game is gorgeous but it shows up the disparity between the playable sections and the "in-engine" cutscenes which now look a little blurry.

Still, it didn't cost anywhere near what Game or Shopto are asking and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it on PS3 so I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty with centaur entrails again.

EDIT: Suggestions for poll.

1. God of snore.
      10. God of phwoar!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        Not bothering with this, GoW has had its day for me, couldn't even be bothered to finish Ascension. This is a pretty unnecessary remaster for me, can't believe they didn't even include 1 & 2!

Didn't the original GoW3 run at 60fps anyway? I might be wrong there though.
        Believe it was an unlocked 60fps and it could go as low as 30.

There are remasters I would quite literally throw money at but God of War again? I wouldn't even waste the bandwith if it was free on ps+. Sony really are taking their fans for a ride, it's part 3 of a trilogy.
        They can't even give us an excuse that it's for all the new playstation owners, it's for the GoW3 anniversary they say.

For the players? More like for the mugs.
        Last edited by Family Fry; 16-07-2015, 18:36.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't rag on it too much guys, the exact same situation is happening with Gears of War 1. Pretty much the same scenario with one of a set of games being re-released and even with a less well received 4th entry which no one asked for!
            Last edited by MrKirov; 16-07-2015, 21:52.

Comment

Have the fixed the wishy washy combat feel compared to the superior originals?

Comment

I wouldn't rag on it too much guys, the exact same situation is happening with Gears of War 1. Pretty much the same scenario with one of a set of games being re-released and even with a less well received 4th entry which no one asked for!
                Alternative solution: rag on both?

Comment

Yep, exactly!!! Just getting bored of remasters tbh. But it's a conversation we've all had many times haha!

Comment

I don't remember GOW3 having "wishy washy" combat...I remember it being satisfyingly brutal

Comment

I have loads of PSN credit so decided to buy the digital version of it stupidly enough I didn't check my preorders and an hour ago Zavvi sent a dispatch note so will put the physical copy in the trades forum when it arrives

Anyway played it far enough to beat Poseidon and it's still brutal especially when you QTE dispatch said baddie

It's still good enough to warrant another play through but I did notice the water effects in hades are incredible, but there is no wow factor anymore, I remember fighting Poseidon on the PS3 version and just thought WOW for the entire battle with my jaw on the floor

Unsure what's exactly been remastered but personally the in game stuff looks sharp but the cinematics aren't any better

Comment

It's marginally different , gears is 9 years old and has been remade in a new engine.

God of War is 5 years old and is a port.
                        Last edited by EvilBoris; 18-07-2015, 22:47.

Comment

Just caved in Hades' skull.

Still love this game.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Just caved in Hades' skull.

Still love this game.
                            Still feels good that section

Comment

Really good article and comparison videos of GOW 3 PS3 and the PS4 incarnation

Comment

Working...
                              X