No announcement yet.

Batman Arkham Knight(multi format) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, now that is a much better idea. Thanks for the link.
    See, this is why they should still have game manuals. I could have found that out while sitting on the bog

I haven't played any games since Tuesday as I've been really busy on the next Battle of the Ports. Normally I'd do the bulk of the work on a Friday but I'm off to finally watch Mad Max tonight in 4DX! Basically 3D with added smell, mist, wind and moving chairs. Should be cool.

Comment

I'm upto 95% now, god knows how many hours that's taken.
      Really enjoyed it all round, it's rocksteady and it's batman ticks all the right boxes bat tank is crap bat mobile is great.
      Will be so curious to see what they do next though, hearing the Bat Girl dlc this month is made by WB and rest of the dlc will be by Rocksteady.

Comment

only put a few hours in as i am waiting for the patch to make it playable at 30fps for me. but so far my impressions are not in line with the massive hype. it's more fun to watch this game than to actually play it i fear.

Comment

I'm up to 9hrs in and I'm at 36% so it's a good sized title it seems. Looking forward to seeing how the Batgirl DLC pans out, Montreal did a good job of Origins (haters be damned) so got few worries it'll be a solid extension.

Comment

Upto 69% now (ooh er).
            Am enjoying it a lot more now, have all the gadgets (found 2 lying around) and have learnt how to drive the BatMobile. Beefing up its weapons and healthbar really improves the battle sequences, plus some of the Riddler races are really good fun when you nail a perfect lap.

Am now gliding around the rooftops cracking riddles, rescuing firemen and finding trophies so I can upgrade my disrupter gun to help with some of the militia sidequests.

Still not really sold on the combat, never have been in these games, but once you get yourself some gadget abilities even that is more fun too.

Comment

Finished now, there's a fair chunk of side missions stuff to do but I'm going to leave that until all the DLC is out. In the end I really enjoyed it, the Batmobile does over dominate proceedings but it's an enjoyable enough mechanic and a new one so it's fine enough.

I'm not 100% about the way it seems to end, doesn't really wrap things up completely despite the obvious aim but I'm assuming WB will have their Montreal studio work on Arkham 5 regardless of Rocksteady's aims given how much of a $ earner it is as a series.

Comment

You might know all these things, but it's worth a flick through.

Comment

Very frustrating last few sections of the game.Thought Rocksteady would have come up with better to be honest
                  Last edited by BIG EDD; 10-07-2015, 12:52.

Comment

Completed the main storyline two days ago, currently at 65% of the base game. Overall loving it, what can you say it is imo without question the best superhero game ever made. The graphical detail and recreation of Gotham is lush, finally the Batmobile is playable which is a beast, loved the puzzles and detective bits and the story and voice acting is great also. Being a superhero nut this is easily in my top 10 games ever.

But I rate it 8 because of the following grumbles-

-the bat-tank battles... Groan, if they had half the amount of them it would have been fine, but they really outstay their welcome by the point with the cloudburst and the orange sky. By that point they are clearly just filler to make the campaign longer, and not fun to play.

-the Joker, I love him as much as the next guy, but he died in AC so you'd think we'd get a game without him this time, nope. Hamil is great we know this, but it's like bats and Joker are a double act and Rocksteady don't think Batman can carry the adventure on his own. It just would have been nice to not have Mister J in it this time.

-combat, I'm a Ninja Gaiden guy so I don't really get why everyone raves about the combat in the Arkham series. In knight it feels kinda on rails since each thug is auto target locked on. It's fun don't get me wrong, but it does not require much skill.

Since Rocksteady are now owned by WB meaning a Spider-Man game is out of the question, Id like to see em tackle Superman next, that would be a heck of an accomplishment if they could pull it off.
                    Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 11-07-2015, 09:13.

Comment

Finished this yesterday but am kind of pissed off that I need to do all the Riddler challenges in order to access the final Battle. I hate the Riddler challengers in all the games. Time to find a youtube guide. So close to 100% that I need to do it

Comment

I think you only need to do 7/14 different side quest types to access it?

Comment

Wait, you don't need to collect all the riddler trophies to fight him the final time?

Comment

You will need to collect every trophy if you want to fight him and get 100% ending.
                            Also was a crap boss fight too, piece of piss.

Comment

**** that then. I've only got 30 or so of them, they're so boring I cba. Asylum did it right, City and Knight just have too damn many to be fun.

Comment

I'm at 88%, I left most of the Riddler stuff to the end but I am really enjoying his challenges now, they make you use your brain in a way the rest of the game does not. The race tracks are awesome and Catwoman is so sexy it's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X