No announcement yet.

Batman Arkham Knight(multi format) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh there still is profit, believe me. it's just not enough apparently to warrant better quality control. that's part of the problems we experience now that's for sure, another is the exclusive deals publishers do with companies like Sony. i basically saw it coming when there were no reviews out other than for PS4. adding to this is the shift to the new leadplatform for multiplatform development - the PS4.

Comment

It doesn't matter how crap the QA is, it's going to sell anyway and that's all that matters. I'm just gutted I don't at least have the choice of a dog's hind leg version for my WiiU.

Comment

I've been playing this for a few hours but I can't get in to the controls. Everything feels a little floaty to me.

Comment

Well I've traded a few bits in today and managed to get a PS4 copy for ?3 so I'll give this a go later today.

Heard some really mixed thing from different people.

Comment

Played for another hour or so today and finally starting to get in to the game. Just after the first main scarecrow section is where this game really picks up. Talk about movie quality visual effects and ideas. I'm very impressed with the whole presentation that's for sure. Still not too keen on the fighting controls mind you.

Comment

Rocksteady's first PC patch is up, nothing too notable to it mostly crash fixes. Main visual aspect seems to be that the rain affect on Batman's cowl from the other formats is now working

Comment

I'm enjoying...except the Bat Mobile parts...too annoying to control. Chasing the APCs is painful.

But unless I have to use it I ignore it in favour of gliding about everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Played for another hour or so today and finally starting to get in to the game. Just after the first main scarecrow section is where this game really picks up. Talk about movie quality visual effects and ideas. I'm very impressed with the whole presentation that's for sure. Still not too keen on the fighting controls mind you.
                  Assuming this is your first "Arkham" game, the combat takes a little bit of getting used to. You have to throw away your preconceptions and get comfortable with the combat not being based on Onimusha/Devil May Cry, like so many other games (God of War etc.). It's really a totally different paradigm.

It abstracts a lot more your button inputs and what's happening onscreen, but you still have control of the most key elements that make the system work.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Assuming this is your first "Arkham" game, the combat takes a little bit of getting used to. You have to throw away your preconceptions and get comfortable with the combat not being based on Onimusha/Devil May Cry, like so many other games (God of War etc.). It's really a totally different paradigm.

It abstracts a lot more your button inputs and what's happening onscreen, but you still have control of the most key elements that make the system work.
                    I have finished both the Arkham games on the 360 and did enjoy them but this one feels a little more floaty than those. Maybe it's because I'm coming straight from none stop Witcher 3 gaming for the past month?

Comment

combat is a letdown so far, at least worse than both predecessors. doesn't really feel like you are in control and more like interactive cutscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                        combat is a letdown so far, at least worse than both predecessors. doesn't really feel like you are in control and more like interactive cutscene.
                        Ah, so I'm not the only one who has an issue with the battles.

Comment

I don't mind the combat but it does feel like they've made it so commands are much more generously timed to cope with the increase in enemies which does feel like the edge has been taken off this. Doesn't feel as considered and hard hitting as the earlier entries.

Comment

Ah, so I'm not the only one who has an issue with the battles.
                            how is the Batmobile controls on console? i really hate driving the Batmobile on PC - i even have trouble to keep the damn thing going straight and keep crashing at every corner. i just hope this also will be fixed. so far the game is just great to watch but not much fun to play.

Comment

It's easy to drive but the battle sections are fiddly. Not the best idea of control management for sure. I mean the brake button isn't even on the shoulder buttons when the acceleration is. What's worse is you can't remap the buttons.

Comment

It's easy to drive but the battle sections are fiddly. Not the best idea of control management for sure. I mean the brake button isn't even on the shoulder buttons when the acceleration is. What's worse is you can't remap the buttons.
                                You can: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/63...sier-pilot.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X